Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Software update not working

I had a Samsung S5 which was faulty, so I returned it and have a new one. I thought I had updated everything on my new one, but I have noticed that the date of my Kernel version and SE for Android Status is May 8 2014, and the build number is KOT49H.G900FXXU1ANE2. However, on my old Samsung, the dates were July 2014, and the build number ended in ANG2. I have tried updating it both OTA (going into about device-Software update) and using Kies, but I get the same message that it is already up to date. I know that it isn't! Any ideas what to do? I have already done a factory reset (twice). Cheers

Global Posts
    808 Global Posts

OS updates in samsung same as blackberry it's carrier choice when to release new update

Posted via the Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Software update not working

Thanks, but the build date of the update I am trying to get is 3 July, so it should definitely be out by now. And my phone is not locked to any carrier either. I have discovered that I can upgrade by downloading the firmware file (BTU version) from sammobile, and then use Odin to install the new firmware. I have used Odin in the past, but that was to root my GS2. Rooting my GS5 isn't an option yet as it is only 9 days old. The other option would be to return it as faulty, but I have already returned one faulty device, looks dodgy returning another one.

Global Posts
    808 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Des Henke View Post
    Thanks, but the build date of the update I am trying to get is 3 July, so it should definitely be out by now. And my phone is not locked to any carrier either. I have discovered that I can upgrade by downloading the firmware file (BTU version) from sammobile, and then use Odin to install the new firmware. I have used Odin in the past, but that was to root my GS2. Rooting my GS5 isn't an option yet as it is only 9 days old. The other option would be to return it as faulty, but I have already returned one faulty device, looks dodgy returning another one.
    Odin is not only for rooting lol if you http://live.samsung-updates.com you will find any live update for Samsung devices including G900F G900H G900I
    If you use another country firmware it's fine because they are designed for the same device

Posted via the Android Central App