Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Water damage indicator - where is it located?

    How many water damage indicators does GS5 has? Where were they located on the device?

    Posted via the Android Central App
  2. #2  
    bbmjack's Avatar

    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts

    Default Re: Water damage indicator.

    If you remove battery you will see little square next to serial number and the battery have it as well
    Normal one is pure white some phones have purple x
    Red square is damage indicator

    Posted via the Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Not really water resistance....

    I was washing my phone with the back cover and case on. After that, I opened the back cover and notice that both water damage indicator, 1 on the phone, 1 on the battery turned red. I didn't submerged the whole phone into the water. How can that happened? But it still working...

    Posted via the Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Water damage indicator.

    Quote Originally Posted by bbmjack View Post
    If you remove battery you will see little square next to serial number and the battery have it as well
    Normal one is pure white some phones have purple x
    Red square is damage indicator

    Posted via the Android Central App
    Is there any water damage indicator inside the phone?

    Posted via the Android Central App
  5. #5  
    bbmjack's Avatar

    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts

    Default Re: Water damage indicator.

    Do you have red square in the phone and the battery

    Posted via the Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Water damage indicator.

    Quote Originally Posted by bbmjack View Post
    Do you have red square in the phone and the battery

    Posted via the Android Central App
    I just wonder if there are some water indicator INSIDE the phone
  7. #7  
    bbmjack's Avatar

    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts

    Default Re: Water damage indicator.

    There Is one remove the battery you will see white small square

    Posted via the Android Central App
  8. #8  
    bbmjack's Avatar

    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts

    Default Re: Not really water resistance....

    Ok let's start now. You sure that back cover fully sealed 100% ? And usb cover fully closed ?

    Posted via the Android Central App
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Not really water resistance....

    Quote Originally Posted by bbmjack View Post
    Ok let's start now. You sure that back cover fully sealed 100% ? And usb cover fully closed ?

    Posted via the Android Central App
    Yes, if it not fully sealed I couldnt put the case on.

    Posted via the Android Central App
  10. #10  
    bbmjack's Avatar

    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts

    Default Re: Not really water resistance....

    What case was it ?

    Posted via the Android Central App
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Not really water resistance....

    Quote Originally Posted by bbmjack View Post
    What case was it ?

    Posted via the Android Central App
    Spigen tough armor.

    Posted via the Android Central App
  12. #12  
    bbmjack's Avatar

    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts

    Default Re: Not really water resistance....

    Quote Originally Posted by khainguyen97 View Post
    Spigen tough armor.

    Posted via the Android Central App
    Interesting... did you wash your phone before and didn't open your cover If so water went in the device you did it now again

    Posted via the Android Central App
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Not really water resistance....

    Quote Originally Posted by bbmjack View Post
    Interesting... did you wash your phone before and didn't open your cover If so water went in the device you did it now again

    Posted via the Android Central App
    I wash it before, but the water didnt went in, until now. Maybe the rubber that keep the water from getting in has problem. But I am glad that the phone still working fine.

    Posted via the Android Central App
  14. #14  
    bbmjack's Avatar

    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts

    Default Re: Water damage indicator.

    I think your rubber has changed did you play on the rubber ?

    Posted via the Android Central App
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: Water damage indicator.

    Quote Originally Posted by bbmjack View Post
    I think your rubber has changed did you play on the rubber ?

    Posted via the Android Central App
    No, not at all.

    Posted via the Android Central App
  16. #16  
    bbmjack's Avatar

    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts

    Default Re: Water damage indicator.

    Quote Originally Posted by khainguyen97 View Post
    No, not at all.

    Posted via the Android Central App
    Can you make picture to your s5 back cover

    Posted via the Android Central App
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: Water damage indicator.

    Quote Originally Posted by bbmjack View Post
    Can you make picture to your s5 back cover

    Posted via the Android Central App
    Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Water damage indicator - where is it located?-20140828_134604.jpg  
  18. #18  
    bbmjack's Avatar

    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts

    Default Re: Water damage indicator.

    See this holes? That's whu

    Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Water damage indicator - where is it located?-screenshot_2014-08-28-21-52-12-1-1.jpg  
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: Water damage indicator.

    Quote Originally Posted by bbmjack View Post
    See this holes? That's whu

    Posted via the Android Central App
    That wasnt a whole.

    Posted via the Android Central App
  20. #20  
    bbmjack's Avatar

    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts

    Default Re: Water damage indicator.

    Quote Originally Posted by khainguyen97 View Post
    That wasnt a whole.

    Posted via the Android Central App
    I think it's manufacturer fault I always put my phone on water the worst thing gets to me is headphone stuck that's it

    Posted via the Android Central App
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

    Default Re: Water damage indicator.

    Quote Originally Posted by bbmjack View Post
    I think it's manufacturer fault I always put my phone on water the worst thing gets to me is headphone stuck that's it

    Posted via the Android Central App
    I will buy some water indicator on amazon.

    Posted via the Android Central App
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Water damage indicator - where is it located?

    Can someone explain to me why you would "wash" your phone?

    Posted via Android Central App
  23. #23  
    bbmjack's Avatar

    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts

    Default Re: Water damage indicator - where is it located?

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWTF View Post
    Can someone explain to me why you would "wash" your phone?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Maybe OCD

    Posted via the Android Central App
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Water damage indicator - where is it located?

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWTF View Post
    Can someone explain to me why you would "wash" your phone?

    Posted via Android Central App
    because so many people are on drugs these days
    LG-isai
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Water damage indicator.

    Quote Originally Posted by bbmjack View Post
    did you play on the rubber ?

    Posted via the Android Central App
    Best question ever on AC!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-01-2015, 05:55 PM
  2. AT&T Messages App / LED Indicator / KitKat
    By Vinnie Boom Batz in forum AT&T Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2014, 12:36 PM
  3. Water get under the battery case
    By nadavdahan5 in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-29-2014, 06:02 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-28-2014, 12:07 PM
  5. Water damage to S5 help plz
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2014, 08:59 AM

Posting Permissions