Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By meyerweb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is this normal?

I've posted snapshots. I regularly clear the cache partition of the phone and update any and all apps and all but battery life is still pretty horrible. Or is this normal? Sorry this is my first Android smartphone so I don't really know ://

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is this normal?-screenshot_2014-08-29-00-56-06.jpg   Is this normal?-screenshot_2014-08-29-00-56-12.jpg   Is this normal?-screenshot_2014-08-29-00-56-23.jpg  

Global Posts
    684 Global Posts

Default Re: Is this normal?

The reasons I never download 3rd party keyboard applications because they take a lot of bats

Posted via the Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

So I should disable SwiftKey and see if that improves battery life? :/

Global Posts
    684 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhaiderk97 View Post

Yes and snapchat

Something's not right. I run swiftkey, and have never seen it show up on the list of battery users. Did you download a bunch of keyboard themes? Or are you using your phone to type the Great American Novel?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
    akutch34 likes this.

Well when people say the phone battery "lasts all day," or whatever, that doesn't actually mean you can use it with the screen on for 24 hours straight. 3.5 hours of screen time with almost 40% battery left seems more than reasonable to me. It's powered by a lithium ion battery, not a mini nuclear reactor. What did you expect? What are you comparing this to?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I'm using one of the built in themes that come with SwiftKey. I was typing out stuff on kik, the memo app, Evernote and WhatsApp simultaneously with the screen on for about 20 Or 30 minutes without break. Notification here, notification there. Reply here, reply there. Was basically briefing different members of a school delegation for an upcoming committee so yeah I think I might even typed out around 600 or 700 words. :/

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I've a friend who has an S5. She uses her phone pretty much the same way I do but her battery drops to 40 or 35% with around 5 hours and 40 minutes of screen time. Considering we both have the same Canadian model I thought there must be wrong with the way I've configured mine

I've a friend who has an S5. She uses her phone pretty much the same way I do but her battery drops to 40 or 35% with around 5 hours and 40 minutes of screen time. Considering we both have the same Canadian model I thought there must be wrong with the way I've configured mine

At 5 hours and 40 minutes of screen time, she should be around less than 20% left of battery life.That's without power saving mode. These phones you can get anywhere from 4-7 hours of screen time depending how you use it.

Turning the brightness down will help the battery run longer.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by PainFX View Post
    At 5 hours and 40 minutes of screen time, she should be around less than 20% left of battery life.That's without power saving mode. These phones you can get anywhere from 4-7 hours of screen time depending how you use it.
    I currently live in a country where the temperature is usually 35-40°C. Could that in any way affect my battery life adversely?

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by punk999 View Post
    Turning the brightness down will help the battery run longer.
    I use my phone on auto brightness adjusted to -5 on that adjustable slider thing. Thanks for your advice though. I'll try to keep it dim if possible.

I currently live in a country where the temperature is usually 35-40°C. Could that in any way affect my battery life adversely?

Electronics doesn't like heat. I can tell you that.

Global Posts
    684 Global Posts

And my ps3 keeps making high fan noises because of heat seriously

I use SwiftKey and have no issue with battery issues at all. I don't think it has to do with they keyboard app unless you are a heavy texter

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Arctic Blue)
    Successfully ROOTED Samsung Galaxy S5 (Black) - AT&T
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteiPadMini View Post
    I use SwiftKey and have no issue with battery issues at all. I don't think it has to do with they keyboard app unless you are a heavy texter

I don't consider myself that much of a texter. I type around 2000 words on a busy day. 1000ish on an average day. I do however consider myself a social junkie who likes to scroll through my social feeds for no apparent reason at times.

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

My S5 does occasionally get hot when I'm using it. The screen gets really hot and I have to give it a rest some times. Anyhow. I think the battery problem isn't actually a problem. I was tied up in some other work today and wasnt able to actually use my phone with a lot of screen on time and I managed to come back at 7pm (from 10am in the morning) and still have around 50% of my battery remaining with a little over 2 hours of screen on time.