Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S5 Screen/Glass issue

I got my new S5 5 weeks ago and put it in a Spigen Tough Armour case. Stupidly I haven't put a screen protector on it.

The problem is a have what look like oil/finger print smudges, one near the home button and one on the left hand side on the black surround/bezel. But when I try to wipe them off they don't go or vanish for a few seconds then return.

Are these large scratches or could they be caused by something else? Can anyone recommend a strong safe cleaner to try?

Thankfully they aren't noticeable when the screen is on but it is annoying the hell out of me. I have insurance for accidental damage on the phone but I don't think this warrant a claim.

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts

Default Re: S5 Screen/Glass issue

Quote Originally Posted by fdawg View Post
    I got my new S5 5 weeks ago and put it in a Spigen Tough Armour case. Stupidly I haven't put a screen protector on it.

The problem is a have what look like oil/finger print smudges, one near the home button and one on the left hand side on the black surround/bezel. But when I try to wipe them off they don't go or vanish for a few seconds then return.

Are these large scratches or could they be caused by something else? Can anyone recommend a strong safe cleaner to try?

Thankfully they aren't noticeable when the screen is on but it is annoying the hell out of me. I have insurance for accidental damage on the phone but I don't think this warrant a claim.
    I have these smudges I tried whisky vodka mouthwash and other alcoholic aswell with cotton rubbing the screen and they went off for second when I rub them with my hands all comes back . I saw them when I left Jordan to cyprus as my bad luck I need warranty replacement
    Anyways I'm lucky that they are next to home screen and yeah they annoy me and the way to ignore it is I go into youtube
    These smudges can't go away unless you replace under warranty

Posted via the Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for your reply. How annoying that they can't be removed.
    Do you know what causes them do I can try and avoid adding more?

When I get back from holiday I will see if my carrier will repair the glass under warranty or if I will have to make an insurance claim. They aren't bad but it is annoying especially if more appear.

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fdawg View Post
    Thanks for your reply. How annoying that they can't be removed.
    Do you know what causes them do I can try and avoid adding more?

When I get back from holiday I will see if my carrier will repair the glass under warranty or if I will have to make an insurance claim. They aren't bad but it is annoying especially if more appear.
    I forgot to tell you that most users complain about it avoiding it by make sure you wash your hands from oil food or these

Posted via the Android Central App