S5 Reboots When Using Bluetooth

slingshot202

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I have found an issue where my phone (Galaxy S5 - Verizon) is rebooting when I use Bluetooth. Whether I am connecting to my Urban Beats or my Motorola Headset, eventually the phone reboots, and not that long afterwards.

Is anyone having any issues with their phone such as this? I have had the phone since Aug 9, at first I thought it as just a BT thing and recently started realizing the phone was rebooting.

slingshot202

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
It may be worth noting it seems each time it reboots I am receiving the vzwavservice stopped. (or something like that). Seems to follow each reboot, but again, I am only seeing reboot issues with BT device connected.

dkelly701

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
This will be no help what so ever, but I experienced this same thing on my previous phone, which was a Motorola Droid Bionic. This behavior happened through several software updates with no resolution. It also did not seems to be a wide spread problem because I asked on several forums with little response. I assumed it was an issue just with the Bionic. This was the single most aggravating issue I had with the Bionic. I certainly hope it does not happen again with my S5.

slingshot202

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I have since had Vz swap out my Galaxy S5 and the issue continues.

I tried to load apps, etc slowly, seemed to work OK, not sure if it is something with custom ringtones I am loading on the phone, but, the problem does still exist.

My wife recently spoke to someone who seems to advise of the same issue and has just dealt with it and uses speakerphone when needing hands free.

I can use it and it does not cut off a call, so I can get it done when needed, but I would prefer not to have to toggle my bluetooth on and off just to keep my phone working.

I do not see myself deserting the phone, but it seems to be a problem not many users are facing or perhaps just not acknowledging. I hate dealing with problems and no hope of a fix.

Droid or Samsung problem? Seems based on your experience, it is a droid problem....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma