Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bbmjack
  • 1 Post By millerwa76
  • 1 Post By black_thorne
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

Default phone to s5

ok dumb question, how do I get photos, music and such on my s5? They are in iTunes at present on my mac.
    thanks all, also how do you hide the apps you do not use?

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts

Default Re: phone to s5

Quote Originally Posted by brick58 View Post
    ok dumb question, how do I get photos, music and such on my s5? They are in iTunes at present on my mac.
    thanks all, also how do you hide the apps you do not use?
    If you go to www.itunes2android.com

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails phone to s5-screenshot_2014-08-30-23-11-26.jpg  
    brick58 likes this.

Do you have Android File Transfer on your Mac? If not, get it (free).

Uninstall Samsung Kies if you already installed it. AFT won't function with Kies on your computer for some reason.

Connect your phone to your Mac and AFT will open automatically.

Copy and paste or drag and drop any photos/music/video/etc files from your Mac to your phone (and vice versa).

emad1995 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by millerwa76 View Post

Uninstall Samsung Kies if you already installed it. AFT won't function with Kies on your computer for some reason.

Copy and paste or drag and drop any photos/music/video/etc files from your Mac to your phone (and vice versa).

x2. This is what I use on my Mac. It works great.
    emad1995 likes this.

x3. I use this as well

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

For music have a look at doubletwist, I'm on Windows, but it works great for me, can choose which playlists to 'sync' to the phone.
    I've invested much time on my itunes playlists, so I was stoked to be able to do this.

I tried doubletwist and it simply wouldn't work. The number of songs imported to doubletwist didn't match the number of songs in my iTunes library. Also, none of the playlists I created in iTunes after installing doubletwist would import to doubletwist. Maybe there was a settings option that I missed or something.....I don't know. I just know that I couldn't get it to function the way that I wanted, so I stopped using it.

AFT is a bit of a pain in the *** for music because you can't just drag a playlist over, but for pics, videos, and data files, it works just fine for me.

Which Windows OS are you using? I have a Windows 7 laptop that I rarely use, but maybe my S5 will play a little nicer with that instead of my Mac.

Which Windows OS are you using? I have a Windows 7 laptop that I rarely use, but maybe my S5 will play a little nicer with that instead of my Mac.
    I'm on windows 8.
    A few things I've noticed. I need to make sure that I switch my usb connection to the same one as it was on my first sync (camera or media device) it seems to sometimes think that they are different 'devices'.
    My playlists come across fine, although I did have a drama once when I changed a lot of stuff, so I've done smaller playlist changes in itunes and had success.