Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dantheman53
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Issue with Japanese Qwerty Keyboard, Can any one help/offer advice please?

Hello all,

Just had a quick question for you. I used both an HTC windows phone, and the iphone 5, and now am on a galaxy S5. I always have the japanese qwerty set up as a second keyboard and it works fine, except for on my S5. I have it added as a keyboard, however the functioning doesn't seem to work quite right.

When i am spelling things out, it does not automatically recognize single letters to their character. For instance (if there are any other japanese users out there), when I try to write out こんな, on windows/iphone you type the "n" key twice to get the single character, and then continue typing. However that is not working, instead it will do either 1 of 2 things. It will come out こnな、or こな.

I know this is pretty specific, but it is driving me crazy as it has worked on my other phones and I use this keyboard daily.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!
    Atticas likes this.

Default Re: Issue with Japanese Qwerty Keyboard, Can any one help/offer advice please?

I'm actually having this same issue; it's driving me crazy too! I use this keyboard a lot as well and would greatly appreciate it!