S case doesn't lock the phone right away.

Xords

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone. So I have been a loooong iphone user (had 3g, 4g and 5g), but i got sick of the narrow mind that apple manages their phones. Anyways, I just gave up my Iphone and i get a brand new Samsung Galaxy S5. Oh my god, was i happy, I also got Gear Fit and i feel like i'm in 2050, having so much tech. Anyways being a noob on android i got one single problem, I got myself one of those S5 cases with wireless charging, i don't charge it wireless but i loved the look (i know there are simple ones but I thought someday i'll get wireless charger). And i love it except one ANNOYING thing, I am a security freak and i HATE simply HATE the fact that once i close the case, the phone doesn't immediatly lock, like if i open it again it just opens, no fingerprint lock nothing, no lockscreen. What if i am in a hurry and i check my bank accounts and i close case put phone in my pocket and someone steals it and just opens case immediatly, they can see anything bypass the lock.

I have tried fidling with the optons but i can't seem to do it right, can a noob get some heeeelp please? I just love everything about this phone except this, i just want it to lock once i close the case, there are even times the case stays open and i can see the apps running and the screen not locking.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! There should be a setting for that. Android typically has a setting for screen timeout under Settings>Display, but another setting for when to lock the phone after screen timeout in Settings>Security. Check your Display and Security menus. If you don't see anything there, make sure you're not in Easy Mode.

thecomicbookandme

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
The closest you can get is to use the power button to lock it immediately.
Go to Settings - lock screen.
Select "secured lock time" at the bottom.
Choose "instantly with the power key" at the top.
You may also want to go into the "accessories" setting, and make sure that "S-View cover-automatic unlock" is unchecked. (AT&T)

Posted via Me

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Under lock screen options you can click here and change it to 0 seconds and that should work. Although, this is on note 3, the s5 might not have this option. Let me know how it goes

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

Attachments

• 2014-08-31-23-07-51.jpg
    2014-08-31-23-07-51.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 9