I have a new Galaxy s5, KitKat 4.4.2 under Sprint. I downloaded FoxFi, discovered that it currently does not run under KitKat and uninstalled it.
Under Settings ->Network Connections->Hotspot I see the Sprint hotspot with the name FoxFi88. Did installing and uninstalling FoxFi result in this strange listing or is Sprint using FoxFi to run their monitored hotspot?
- 08-31-2014, 06:57 PM #2
Re: FoxFi preinstalled?
Yes. I did run FoxFi. I could connect to it but the connection would fail in a few seconds.
I checked another Galaxy s5. Apparently FoxFi managed to change the name of the pre-installed hotspot. All the settings were unchanged from the pre-installed hotspot.
- 09-01-2014, 09:48 AM #4
- 09-01-2014, 12:21 PM #5
- By swharshbar in forum Droid RAZR MAXX HDReplies: 4Last Post: 09-20-2014, 07:19 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-08-2014, 12:59 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-21-2014, 10:16 PM
- By Axefire in forum Android Security Apps, Tips & StrategiesReplies: 1Last Post: 08-13-2014, 09:58 PM
- By Profelec in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 2Last Post: 08-11-2014, 09:30 PM