Battery Life Increase--AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 Bloatware

tharley46

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
A little info for those with a AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5:

Samsung has said they added 40 apps of Bloatware to their AT&T. AT&T wanted these added to their Samsung Galaxy S5. Well, I have a list of 36 items that I disabled and also unchecked 'show notifications' and disabled "GPS". This procedure has not harmed the operation of my phone in any way. You can always turn GPS back when you need it. Here's the list in photos. Hope this helps. It seems to definitely increased my battery life.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 138
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 140
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 140
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 153
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 160

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
You'll run into problems having Google search disabled. I love the smart remote, that's one of my favorite features on this phone. My list of disabled apps does look very similar though.

Why do you have the calculator disabled? Lol

tharley46

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't like or use Google search, they track. Laugh if you want but I use duckduckgo, they don't track or store cookies. I don't need a bunch of nosey bastards. I also don't like the stock calculator, downloaded I like. To each his bubba.

tharley46

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't like or use Google search, they track and store cookies. I've had no trouble with the phone. Laugh if you want, but I use duckduckgo, they DON'T track or store cookies. I also don't like the stock calculator. I downloaded the one I liked. To each his own bubba

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Smart Remote app is one of my favorite features. Had it on the S4. Love it! I put my Samsung TV remote controller away. This and using my phone to cast via Chromecast is amazing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03