Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Latest AT&T update - now my favorites are only grid view...

So I got the latest update yesterday. So far it seems the slide to answer issue has been resolved but it may take a few more days (ie. phone calls) to tell but so far it doesn't appear to sometimes take multiple swipes to answer. I also seem to notice I no longer have issues with unlocking my phone blazing fast. In the past I'd often have to re-enter my PIN several times or more slowly to unlock the phone. So that's great... but now my favorites are all in grid icon view instead of list and I can't find a single way to change it. The option for list or grid view appears to have been removed. WTF is wrong with these people??? What if I want to text message someone on my favorites list? No longer can I simply left slide on their name. Now you have to try and tap on that tiny little "info" icon in the lower right of their picture to get the option to message.

I seriously hate updates. Fix some issues, but then force their own preferences on you and take away the options to revert back. I can't understand such mentality. Anyhow, if there is some way to fix this, which I doubt, it would be awesome if someone could tell me how.

Default Re: Latest AT&T update - now my favorites are only grid view...

Are you referring to Favorites for your Contacts? If so, nothing has changed on my S4 after the update.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) using Tapatalk Pro
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Latest AT&T update - now my favorites are only grid view...

That's what I'm referring to... on an S5 in the S5 forum Of course this might not have been changed in the S4. I've done some Google searching and found many threads now from people saying the same thing - they used to have the List/Grid view option and since the latest update it's been removed and their favorites are all grid based icons with no way to change it back. Oh well. Another new change I'm going to have to live with. Not big enough a deal to switch to a 3rd party dialer app. Still very very annoying that there isn't a single update I've ever had across a Droid2, S3, and S5 that didn't have something changed in the UI with no option to revert back. How authoritarian.