How to disable message vibration when in Sound mode

VarietyPacks

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I just have a question that I can't seem to figure out...

How can I disable vibrations when receiving messages while I have sound on, but still keep message vibrations while my phones on vibrate?

Vibrate while ringing is turned off.
Vibrate in message settings is turned on which causes it to vibrate on both sound and vibration modes. If I disable it then it won't ever vibrate even in vibration mode...

Anyone know how to fix this?

In short, I want my phone to vibrate when I get a message when my phone is set to vibrate. And I don't want it to vibrate when my phone is set to sound.

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I just have a question that I can't seem to figure out...

How can I disable vibrations when receiving messages while I have sound on, but still keep message vibrations while my phones on vibrate?

Vibrate while ringing is turned off.
Vibrate in message settings is turned on which causes it to vibrate on both sound and vibration modes. If I disable it then it won't ever vibrate even in vibration mode...

Anyone know how to fix this?

In short, I want my phone to vibrate when I get a message when my phone is set to vibrate. And I don't want it to vibrate when my phone is set to sound.
The only way to do that may be to use Tasker. Set a condition with those parameters and you should be good.

Other than that, it may not be possible.

VarietyPacks

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for this extremely late reply. I actually meant to say thank you before, but apparently I forgot to reply.

However, I still have no solved my problem.

I got the tasker app in hopes of solving the issue, but I have no idea how to use this app. From what I've read, this app takes A LOT of time to learn and that seems unreasonable if I'm only trying to do one thing.

I posted in a tasker forums asking for instructions to stop vibrations from notifications in sound mode, but keep the vibrations when in vibrate mode. I received no replies, so maybe someone here might know how to do it?

Thank you for any further help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress