S5 Lock Screen time out

BettysNephew

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I have an S5 Active but it is the same in most instances so I thought I might ask here where it will likely be seen by more folks. Is there a way to extend the time out on the swipe lock screen? I would like to add a second or two so it doesn't black out quite so quickly. I have vision issues and this would help me a lot.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have an S5 Active but it is the same in most instances so I thought I might ask here where it will likely be seen by more folks. Is there a way to extend the time out on the swipe lock screen? I would like to add a second or two so it doesn't black out quite so quickly. I have vision issues and this would help me a lot.
Go to system settings > display. From there you can adjust the screen timeout. Though, you'll only be able to adjust it to pre-set times, i.e. 30-seconds, 60-seconds, etc.

Let us know if you have further questions.

BettysNephew

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I have tried that and it does extend the time the home screen stays displayed, but it does not affect the swipe to open screen that is shown immediately after the right side power up button us pushed on my phone.

osvanberg

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I have tried that and it does extend the time the home screen stays displayed, but it does not affect the swipe to open screen that is shown immediately after the right side power up button us pushed on my phone.
You need to change to another lockscreen app to be able to do that!

Cathouse

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Every answer I've seen is "WRONG, WRONG, WRONG" this only affects the "HOME SCREEN". I also would like to have more time on the "LOCK SCREEN", is there anyway to change the defaulted time set by the factory???
Cathouse...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance