Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jim Brown2
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Please help! Galaxy S5 WILL NOT forget site

    So I visited a porn site on my Galaxy S5, but I misspelled the website's name. Somehow, and for whatever reason, my S5 WILL NOT forget this stupidly incorrect spelled word/website name! If I open up a new web page on either the stock "Internet" browser or on Google Chrome, this is the first thing that shows up when you click on the web address bar. I have clicked on it and held down until it says " 'porn site name here' will be removed from learned words" and I click "OK". This does absolutely nothing as that site is STILL the first thing that pops up when I click on my web address bar in blue letters. I deleted ALL learned words from Swype, still nothing. I deleted Chrome and re-installed it. STILL nothing! What in the world do I have to do for this stupid, misspelled porn site's name to go away???

    Update: This seems to be true of ANY site that I visit while on Incognito mode in Google Chrome, but I can delete all of the other sites or words that I search for except for this one. This is the only one. THIS IS U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-Y FRUSTRATING!!!
  2. #2  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    4,245 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,413 Global Posts

    Default re: Please help! Galaxy S5 WILL NOT forget site

    Thanked by:
  3. #3  
    bbmjack's Avatar

    Posts
    669 Posts
    Global Posts
    800 Global Posts

    Default re: Please help! Galaxy S5 WILL NOT forget site

    Quote Originally Posted by dentxunt View Post
    So I visited a porn site on my Galaxy S5, but I misspelled the website's name. Somehow, and for whatever reason, my S5 WILL NOT forget this stupidly incorrect spelled word/website name! If I open up a new web page on either the stock "Internet" browser or on Google Chrome, this is the first thing that shows up when you click on the web address bar. I have clicked on it and held down until it says " 'porn site name here' will be removed from learned words" and I click "OK". This does absolutely nothing as that site is STILL the first thing that pops up when I click on my web address bar in blue letters. I deleted ALL learned words from Swype, still nothing. I deleted Chrome and re-installed it. STILL nothing! What in the world do I have to do for this stupid, misspelled porn site's name to go away???

    Update: This seems to be true of ANY site that I visit while on Incognito mode in Google Chrome, but I can delete all of the other sites or words that I search for except for this one. This is the only one. THIS IS U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-Y FRUSTRATING!!!
    If you mean in keyboard keep pressing on the word until it ask you to remove

    Posted via the Android Central App
  4. #4  

    Default re: Please help! Galaxy S5 WILL NOT forget site

    Get opera browser you won't have that issue.
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project
  5. #5  

    Default re: Please help! Galaxy S5 WILL NOT forget site

    Go to keyboard and delete it

    POSTED FROM THE NEXUS 7 2013 via Android Central App
  6. #6  

    Default re: Please help! Galaxy S5 WILL NOT forget site

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Fitton View Post
    Go to keyboard and delete it

    POSTED FROM THE NEXUS 7 2013 via Android Central App
    He already did ... he deleted all learned words from SWYPE.... this problem is with the browser .... Did you cleared the history from both browsers ?? and also check the bookmarks .... it might be stored there.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Please help! Galaxy S5 WILL NOT forget site

    Are you by any chance syncing your bookmarks/history with any other connected devices? It might be that it keeps re-syncing the address from the cloud, either from your Samsung account or your Google one.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Please help! Galaxy S5 WILL NOT forget site

    I am having what I think could be the same thing. I go to google chrome, and click in the "search or type url" text box. As soon as I put in "www", I get a slew of websites suggested below. I can hold my finger on these sites for a second and feel my phone vibrate a second and that is it. I cannot remove these suggestions from clearing my cache, or clearing my browser history, they don't go away by clearing my autocheck, or my url suggestions. I have done so much and can't find a way to get rid of these website suggestions.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Please help! Galaxy S5 WILL NOT forget site

    If you haven't figured this out by now, then all you have to do is start keying in your search, then when you see the auto-suggested url/domain name, then hold it. A pop-up will load, then it will give you the option to clear, then click [OK]. Just repeat until you're done.

    To prevent this from happening in the future, then just go to Settings | Advanced | uncheck Auto Suggestion.

    Quote Originally Posted by dentxunt View Post
    So I visited a porn site on my Galaxy S5, but I misspelled the website's name. Somehow, and for whatever reason, my S5 WILL NOT forget this stupidly incorrect spelled word/website name! If I open up a new web page on either the stock "Internet" browser or on Google Chrome, this is the first thing that shows up when you click on the web address bar. I have clicked on it and held down until it says " 'porn site name here' will be removed from learned words" and I click "OK". This does absolutely nothing as that site is STILL the first thing that pops up when I click on my web address bar in blue letters. I deleted ALL learned words from Swype, still nothing. I deleted Chrome and re-installed it. STILL nothing! What in the world do I have to do for this stupid, misspelled porn site's name to go away???

    Update: This seems to be true of ANY site that I visit while on Incognito mode in Google Chrome, but I can delete all of the other sites or words that I search for except for this one. This is the only one. THIS IS U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-Y FRUSTRATING!!!
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Please help! Galaxy S5 WILL NOT forget site

    Have you found out how to solve your problem? I know it's been awhile but I've recently had the same exact thing happen to me and I really need to fix it!
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Please help! Galaxy S5 WILL NOT forget site

    Quote Originally Posted by sillykookie View Post
    Have you found out how to solve your problem? I know it's been awhile but I've recently had the same exact thing happen to me and I really need to fix it!
    I had the problem with a galaxy avant, go to Settings > Language and input > then whichever keyboard you are using (probably Samsung), tap the gear. Then go to > predictive text > and do > clear server data, and > clear personal data
    Tritonemusic likes this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Please help! Galaxy S5 WILL NOT forget site

    On my s5, the keyboard starts to remember websites and shows up on the suggestion bar whenever the keyboard opens. I found that if I tap the little arrow pointer in the middle of the keyboard inside the suggestion area, it will pop up and ask if I want keyboard the forget the word, Tap YES, it disappears.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Please help! Galaxy S5 WILL NOT forget site

    Quote Originally Posted by John Bauer2 View Post
    I can hold my finger on these sites for a second and feel my phone vibrate a second and that is it. I cannot remove these suggestions from clearing my cache, or clearing my browser history, they don't go away by clearing my autocheck, or my url suggestions. I have done so much and can't find a way to get rid of these website suggestions.
    This is my experience too. I've cleared every record in every browser and google account I can find, and there are a number of website suggestions which just won't disappear. There seems to be no way of stopping it. I've also tried holding down the suggestion but I don't get the drop-down menu other people suggest I should, or any option on the phone keyboard to remove it.

    I have also gone into the settings and unchecked 'search and url suggestions', AND turned on safesearch, and the suggestions still keep appearing!

    Any other ideas would be very welcome!!
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Please help! Galaxy S5 WILL NOT forget site

    SOLVED! The URL was stored in HTC browser bookmarks imported from internet explorer. I deleted the bookmark and the suggestion has disappeared. A shame I cleared all my caches and history and autocompletes when this was the real problem!!

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy S3 sync issue with Outlook
    By misterfrostie in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 03:25 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-03-2014, 05:03 PM
  3. Samsung Galaxy S4 root problem, Need help :(
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2014, 03:09 AM
  4. whtsapp is not working on my s4
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-03-2014, 02:02 AM
  5. whtsapp is not working on my s4
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-03-2014, 02:02 AM

Posting Permissions