Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Blocking Wi-Fi networks GS5

Hello Android Central People;

I've done my due diligence in trying to find an answer to my question with no luck.
    You all always come through for me in the end; so let me ask you this.

I'm on AT&T and have a Galaxy S5. I LOVE my phone.

Like most people when I look at my Available connections I see all my neighbors who are within range. I really don't need or want to see this and since I know I can't log into their home networks I would like to block them. On my home network I have the option to "forget" the connection. But this isn't available on the connections for my neighbors. And even if it were, when I forget a network; it comes back up in the next scan.

I would like to be able to block certain networks. Is there a way to do that? Because I can't find an option for it.

Thank you!

Global Posts
    800 Global Posts

Default Re: Blocking Wi-Fi networks GS5

Quote Originally Posted by Springwolf View Post
    Hello Android Central People;

I've done my due diligence in trying to find an answer to my question with no luck.
    You all always come through for me in the end; so let me ask you this.

I'm on AT&T and have a Galaxy S5. I LOVE my phone.

Like most people when I look at my Available connections I see all my neighbors who are within range. I really don't need or want to see this and since I know I can't log into their home networks I would like to block them. On my home network I have the option to "forget" the connection. But this isn't available on the connections for my neighbors. And even if it were, when I forget a network; it comes back up in the next scan.

I would like to be able to block certain networks. Is there a way to do that? Because I can't find an option for it.

Thank you!
    Hi springwolf welcome to Android central
    These wifi networks can't be blocked in the phone to make them hidden because they are in the range , sorry there is no work around for this

Posted via the Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Blocking Wi-Fi networks GS5

Well that figures. I'd like to lock in my home network and tell it when to scan when I want it too.

Thank you for the quick response.