Samsung Galaxy S5 Native "E-mail has stopped"

RudiRastlos

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Dear Community,

I am recently facing disheartening issues with the native e-mail client of Samsung Galaxy S5 (just 3 months old).

All the time the message "e-Mail has stopped" keeps popping up. No matter if I run the client, or not. I had two accounts on that (work & private).

First, it occured just on calling the mails, but then it occured on reading them, too. I tried clearing the cache, clearing the data, force halting the app. And it got worse. While I had to try to look at my e-mails to obtain the error, I now just have to have a lit screen and the message keeps popping every 3 seconds now, even if the app does not run.

Finally: I tried the reset of the cellphone, but the problem persists.

Will I ever be able to use it again?

Thanks!

PS: It looks like the issue persists due to email second account (SSL, all certificates).

Last edited:

bbmjack

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Dear Community,

I am recently facing disheartening issues with the native e-mail client of Samsung Galaxy S5 (just 3 months old).

All the time the message "e-Mail has stopped" keeps popping up. No matter if I run the client, or not. I had two accounts on that (work & private).

First, it occured just on calling the mails, but then it occured on reading them, too. I tried clearing the cache, clearing the data, force halting the app. And it got worse. While I had to try to look at my e-mails to obtain the error, I now just have to have a lit screen and the message keeps popping every 3 seconds now, even if the app does not run.

Thanks!

PS: It looks like the issue persists due to email account of my job.

Maybe you should with your email provider

Posted via the Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
OP, go into system settings > applications > sort by all. Find the Email App and clear it's cache. Let us know how it goes.

Also, make sure the device and app is update to date by checking system settings > about phone > software updates and through the Play Store for the App.

RudiRastlos

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
OP, go into system settings > applications > sort by all. Find the Email App and clear it's cache. Let us know how it goes.

Also, make sure the device and app is update to date by checking system settings > about phone > software updates and through the Play Store for the App.

I did both. In fact, after I purged all cache and data, the thing got worse. I got my smartphone working, but at the cost of having that mail account deleted from the (Samsung stock) email client... :-(

I'm still mitigating the full reset, which was not helpful, either.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I did both. In fact, after I purged all cache and data, the thing got worse. I got my smartphone working, but at the cost of having that mail account deleted from the (Samsung stock) email client... :-(

I'm still mitigating the full reset, which was not helpful, either.
That's odd. Please keep us posted and let us know if you are able to resolve this. I'll keep an eye out for possible solutions that would help you get this back on track without resorting to another reset.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
That sounds really odd. Sorry you are having issues. I know you're trying to avoid this but I would suggest doing a factory reset if you can't figure this out soon. I'd back up with Helium backup so you don't lose app data. You can use Samsung Keis as well but it won't backup app data. It will work for contacts and messages, though.

Edit: Check this thread. It looks like you've tried some of the suggestions in the thread but there may be a few things you haven't tried yet.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/acer-iconia-a100/179056-unfortunately-email-has-stopped-error.html

grayfox5

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if you ever got this solved or not, but I just bought a Note 4 a couple days ago, and I started experiencing the same problem with the email client. In addition, my app downloads were taking FOREVER, and half the time wouldn't download at all until after I tried over and over. I was getting pretty disgusted with the performance of this brand-new phone, and I was going to take it back to either have Verizon figure out what was wrong or else switch it out for another phone.

I talked to a guy at work that has a note 3 though, and he suggested a hard reset and to turn off WiFi to see what would happen. I balked on the hard reset but then figured, screw it, so I did that. Soon as it came back up, I saw problems again immediately on downloads, so I stopped WiFi. Voila, apps started downloading at a very good clip. After I updated all of them, I set my two pop 3 email accounts up, again without a hitch. THEN I turned WiFi back on, and it seems to be working fine now.

Granted, I don't know for sure if that combination was what made it start working, because I have nothing to compare it with, process-wise. Whereas the Verizon people set my phone up and just downloaded all my apps indiscriminately though, I have been more selective in choosing just what I want on the new phone. Maybe the former Droid apps I had installed on my previous Droid was causing it problems, I don't know. But some or all of those 3 steps seem to have cured the problem: hard reset, WiFi off then back on AFTER updating my apps and email, and selective app reinstall.

smitda

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Had the same issue, which also caused my battery to drain within 3 hours. I deleted both of my email accounts (Settings/Accounts/Email/Accounts/Settings) (One personal, one Microsoft Exchange), restarted the phone and set them back up again. Everything working fine and battery not draining.

brittnibb

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Dear Community,

Thanks!

PS: It looks like the issue persists due to email second account (SSL, all certificates).

brittnibb

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I am having similar issues with my samsung galaxy s 5 I want to use the stock email app that came with the phone but the only one that will work and receive a mail and have a notification is my gmail app I really want my stock email app to work is there anything I can do to fix this I can click the app and see all of the emails I have received but when my phone is locked or I'm not in the email I do not receive any messages manually I have to click on the app to see if I got any emails there's no notifications in my status bar whatsoever please someone help!!!!!

Nelson Munts

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Well got mine working I deleted the two yahoo accounts I had on it n added the two accounts again n now its wrkn I jus put sync back one day dnt know if that had nething to do with it but now its back up and running gd luck