Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree16Likes
  • 1 Post By indigogrl79
  • 1 Post By wookiee2cu
  • 1 Post By punk999
  • 1 Post By bbmjack
  • 1 Post By emanwis
  • 1 Post By TexasS5
  • 1 Post By ohbreeeezy
  • 2 Post By sydneycooper1979
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 1 Post By indigogrl79
  • 3 Post By LeoRex
  • 1 Post By scipper77
  • 1 Post By ianeb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bye bye fruit phone.... =]

I'm getting the Galaxy s5 this Sept. 21. (That's when my contract runs out) trading in my iPhone 5 for the s5.....

I so can not wait to get it in my hands! Yay! Oh and hello all! 😉
    crawfojj likes this.

Default Re: Bye bye fruit phone.... =]

Before you deactivate you iPhone, make sure you do the following steps on the this site or you will have a texting nightmare on your hands: Fix iPhone iMessage Not Sending Texts To Non-Apple Phones - Business Insider . Members here may also have a few suggestions. I switched from iPhone to Android this April and couldn't be happier; I was with iPhone for 5 years and this is my first Android. It will take a little time to get used to the layout and how things function but once you get that down it's smooth sailing.
    cpaight likes this.

Welcome to the club

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by indigogrl79 View Post
    I'm getting the Galaxy s5 this Sept. 21. (That's when my contract runs out) trading in my iPhone 5 for the s5.....

I so can not wait to get it in my hands! Yay! Oh and hello all! 😉
    Why don't you wait for note 4

Posted via the Android Central App

Welcome and enjoy.

Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

My older brother has a galaxy s5.... I guess I just fell in love with it already. 😍

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts

Welcome and enjoy. I am very happy with my decision to move from the iPhone to the S5. This community is very helpful if you have questions once you get it.
    crawfojj likes this.

Global Posts
    4,740 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Welcome to the site! I'd give the Note 4 a look before you settle on the S5.

I had an iPhone 5 as well and switched to the galaxy s5, it's been a great move

Sent from my Galaxy S5 via Tapatalk
    crawfojj likes this.

You should go for note 4 before s5 unless the size bothers you.

I would go ahead and turn off imessage and deactivate find my iPhone, deregister my phone number, disconnect my device from iTunes, etc. That way there is ample time for your number to be out of Apple's system. The sure don't make it easy to switch!
    Wildo6882 and ohbreeeezy like this.

Global Posts
    22,226 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I so can not wait to get it in my hands! Yay! Oh and hello all! ������
    Let us know what you think of the device when you get it.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    indigogrl79 likes this.

The Note 4 doesn't have waterproofing for some that might push people towards S5.

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    Welcome to the site! I'd give the Note 4 a look before you settle on the S5.

How new is s5? Is there a new s6 around the corner?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I'm getting my white galaxy s5 this month on the 21st. I will totally have pictures for you guys... (I already have a poka dot case and glitter screen protector for it) plus a $50 google play card.👍
    crawfojj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nexus89 View Post
    How new is s5? Is there a new s6 around the corner?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    S5 only came in April, it would be at least 8 months before a new one arrives, however a metallic version is in work also a S5s is also supposed to come out.

My older brother has a galaxy s5.... I guess I just fell in love with it already.
    i agree with bbmjack. Wait for the Note 4.
    Phone:
    Nokia 5610, Blackberry 9780, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9505), Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) - Sandisk Extreme PLUS 32GB

Tablet:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (T700) - Sandisk Ultra 32GB

Quote Originally Posted by bbmjack View Post
    Why don't you wait for note 4
    Why does everyone say this? The Note's a fine device to say the least, but not everyone in the market for a new pickup truck is going to want to buy a F350 Superduty.... She likes the S5 enough for her to drop her iFruit and leave Apple behind. Let her be.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Hey guy's, I too have dropped my iPhone this year. Can't really explain why, well I can kinda, the price of the new iPhone is ridiculous and I don't like contracts. I am also just a bit bored with iOS 7 and 8, I was testing 8 since it was announced and nothing that different. I still can't move my icons where I want, only where Apple want them to be, very annoying!

Anyway, I should receive my S5 in a day or two and I was wondering if there was a guide or tips on what to do first? I have had a look and can't find anything. What I want to know is things like this;
    1) Shall I root straight away? I have read many positives to this, and I would like to remove all Samsungs bloat rubbish! Not bothered about ROMS etc.
    2) Which root? I have heard it voids warranty, something about knox? Is it reversible incase I need to send it in for repair?
    3) What is the greenify app i have read about? Should I install it?
    4) any other tips you recommend before setting up the phone? I don't want to have to start over and over !

Thanks in advance, looking forward to joining in more conversations

Quote Originally Posted by ianeb View Post
    3) What is the greenify app i have read about? Should I install it?
    I'll grab this one...

Greenify is a pretty slick app.. You'd be surprised at how much power is used up when your phone's screen is off... apps all over the place wake your phone up to do who knows what.... what Greenify does is 'hibernate' apps and keep them from running in the background when your phone is sleeping. If you have an app with a habit of running uselessly in the background and devouring your battery (*cough*Facebook*cough*), Greenify should help reduce that.

You don't NEED root to use it, but it allows for some more advanced features.
    Thanked by:
    ianeb 

Just for the sake of a thorough discussion, you do realize that the iPhone 6 is coming out in the next month. the larger display and addition of custom keyboards are a big deal. I have an S5 but if the iPhone 6 was out when I purchased I would have probably jumped ship to give Apple a shot.
    Thanked by:
    ScottsoNJ likes this.

Guys iam using note 3 and lumia 1020....iam getting S5 for my wife...I have heard its a good phone with good camera and waterproof. ..iam gonna enjoy using it for few days before I give her 😜 thou my note 3 is dual sim...and I mite get S5 dual sim for myself...

Posted via the Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Farish View Post
    The Note 4 doesn't have waterproofing for some that might push people towards S5.
    Neither does the S5....

It's resistant, not proof.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

I'm fully aware of that yes, I'm a tech fanatic, I have followed everything apple since the first iphone. I like the look of the iphone 6, the bigger screen is nice but under the hood it's still just running iOS which needs to open up a bit more than just third party keyboards. There are some other features they've added like being able to select a third party editing app whilst viewing photo's using extensions but it's all still very restrictive.

My biggest issue this year is cost, if I had the money I would probably buy it but I have other commitments this year and early next and in the grand scheme of things, a phone isn't that important!

Also, I'm absolutely stunned by the contrast on the AMOLED display, not even the iphone 6 will compare, the new resolution is odd too, so for me I gave a great phone and it cost me almost half the price of an iphone 6.

One last thing, battery! Became tired of charging my 5s twice a day sometimes 3. I've just plugged my s5 in after 1 day 8 hrs off charge with 6 hours on screen time, was down to 5%. Awesome!
    crawfojj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by S5_GJH View Post
    Neither does the S5....

It's resistant, not proof.

It might surprise you but the act of making a device water resistant is called waterproofing.

Waterproofing describes making an object waterproof or water-resistant.

My point is that the Note 4 has neither.

But some people just want to read forum posts looking for semantics.