Google Services has quit, can't access Play Store (again)

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I am tired of the drama of the "Horneyworm" saga which caused me to Factory Reset the phone and start all over.

Getting the phone back in order again has not been a fun exercise, and I am severely upset that Kies 3.0 does not retain wallpaper, nor folders, nor does it keep your home pages stored.

Does great with saving your contacts and you applications and your WiFi, so with Kies 3.0 the phone was in "working order" pretty darn quick.

But a Happy Camper I am not.

In the process of messing with it, I was on the job and of necessity using OTA data instead of WiFi to fix things. Then Automatic Updates kicked in even though I have it turned off. About 12 apps got updated and use a ton of data "now"...... the only way I was able to shut it off was to turn off DATA and WIFI and leave it off until I got home to the WiFi signal here.

Now, Play Store is broken.... it seems that interrupting the update cycle has broken something.

anyone have any clues for me to follow?

What have I tried?
Restored w/Kies 3 times from 3 files dated a month ago, 3 months ago, 5 months ago. None of them fixed it....

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
This is what I mean by "getting so tired" of restorations.....

you forget what you have done before....

I was using Ad Block and that requires setting up the WiFi for "localhost" and setting the port.

Well, in getting things back to normal, I left Ad Block turned off, therefore no "localhost" for the internet.

After a night's sleep I woke up and thought "dumb arse" and turned off "localhost" to "none".

Bingo! Now Play store works and for that matter, so does the "internet"... duh...

back to normal now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca