Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Got a Galaxy S5 this weekend- a few questions

Switched over to a Galaxy S5 from an Iphone this weekend.

I have a few questions:

1) The imessage issue...Unfortunately, I did not know this before I switched phones but I have gone back and disabled the imessage feature on my old iphone so we'll see if that does it.

2) Does anyone know how I disable the text message preview on the Galaxy S5. Let me be more specific- I want a pop up message where it says "Text message from xxxxx" but I do NOT want it to preview the message. This is for privacy reasons. The iphone had this feature and I just can't find it on the Galaxy.

3) On the S voice feature....is there anyway to change the default voice of the speaker? The default is soem robot lady and I'm just wondering if there are more options out there.

It's only been a few days but I'll let you know if I have more questions.

Thanks

Default Re: Got a Galaxy S5 this weekend- a few questions

To change your message popup go to messages-settings-notificatoins-pop up preview-disable. As far as s-voice I don't know I've never used it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Open a support chat window with apple and tell them to remove your phone number from the Apple servers. They will then send you a quick text to test it. Took less than 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincojoe View Post
    Open a support chat window with apple and tell them to remove your phone number from the Apple servers. They will then send you a quick text to test it. Took less than 5 minutes.
    I had to contact Apple also to get mine to work, took about 2 minutes after speaking with them on line. Your friends who have iPhones will have some texts delayed when they reply to you as the iPhone initially will still be trying to send you an imessage but they change to a text quickly once the phone realises you cannot receive them any longer.

Congrats to you on your new phone. I purchased mine around launch and have not regretted it. Unfortunately I can only Help you with number 3. And my answer to you is...PLEASE DO NOT use S voice. Although I like some of Samsung's apps such as S Planner, S Voice just cannot compare to Google Now which is baked in to your phone's software. My advice to you would be to disable its activation via the home button. You can do this by opening S Voice then selecting the three dot menu key in the upper right hand corner and untick the check box marked "Open via home key". By using Google Now you will not only be using a superior voice assistant but also get a nice speed bump when you press the home key to get back to your home screen.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I don't want to disable the preview. I still want the preview I just want it to say "text message from so and so" INSTEAD of previewing the whole message in the pop up. Is this possible?

I think that only works on lockscreen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

+1 on using Google Search/Now. Disabling S Search will only improve your experience with this great phone. Plus you get different options with voices.

Posted with my badass Galaxy S5