- 1 Posts
Using Galaxy s5 as media player in care with USB
Just purchased Galaxy s5 and want to use phone as media player in my 2012 Buick Verano. I cannot get the car to recognize the phone as a media player through the USB connection. I get a "device not supported" error on my radio screen. Never had this issue with my iphone 4s. I can hook in through the auxilary but I give up control of the music. Anyone else having this issue?
- 09-03-2014, 07:26 PM #2
Re: Using Galaxy s5 as media player in care with USB
Welcome to Android Central! It may just not be supported. Historically, car audio systems have always favored iPhones/iPods, although that's been changing recently.
When you connect to the car via USB, do you get a USB connection notification on the phone? If so, swipe down the notification shade and tap the USB connection, then make sure it's set to MTP.
Does the car audio system have Bluetooth streaming? That would be easier if it did.
- By blade12775 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 07-23-2016, 12:36 PM
- By red.foxx15 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note EdgeReplies: 5Last Post: 10-06-2014, 03:53 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-03-2014, 01:38 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-03-2014, 11:21 AM
- By DVSPrankster in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 09-03-2014, 11:09 AM