Native ringtones make a click/static noise when they first sound off!

Dayvidpriddy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the S5 from Sprint (in charcoal black) and I notice that every time my ringer goes off (whether it's from a call or if I'm just browsing the native ringers on the phone) that I usually hear a quick burst of static or a static/clicky noise at the beginning of the tone. This is very annoying and embarrassing for a 650 dollar phone! I have not downloaded any ringers yet (haven't gotten that far yet with the phone) but was curious if others experience this issue as well?

Thanks!

megagene

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. The really weird thing is that it first started on my S3 when my KakaoTalk notification would sound. Everything was fine for 2 years and then one day the volume level of the tone went super loud for no reason even though the volume slider was still in the same place and crackled and sounded all staticky. Then I noticed it happening on my regular native ring tones as well. It drove me nuts, but I figured that it was a random problem with my S3 and that upgrading to my S5 would resolve the issue. Now I've had an S5 for 3 weeks and I still have the same issue. Annoying crackly, staticky notification tones! It's not AS bad as it was on my S3, but it's definitely still there. What I don't get is how this is a recent development. My S3 was fine for all the time I owned it up until the last month, and now the issue persists on my new S5. Hopefully it is something that can be fixed in a software update because it's super crappy.

Dayvidpriddy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Glad it's just not me then. I sent in a complaint about it to Samsung via their support form...it has to be a software issue cause I to remember it happening on previous Galaxy S devices. And it does it no matter how loud you set the ringer volume to, even if I lower the volume for the ringer it still does it. I'm sure they will reply back with some bogus reply that has nothing to do with addressing the problem:-*

BTW I should note that it only does it with the "ringers", I don't have the problem for my notification sounds or any other type of events (at least not yet lol.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith