- 1 Posts
galaxy s5 computer connectivity issues
i recently tried getting pictures, videos, etc. off my phone and whenever i opened the folder to copy the pictures, it would freeze the program. after a while i disconnected my phone, then re connected it. a verizon installer popped up so i installed that and now my computer won't even read my phone at all. it does not see it. i have never had this issue with any of my phones, and i'm not really sure what to do. i've done some looking online but everything i've seen i had already tried before searching the issue. anything will help!
- 09-03-2014, 09:23 PM #2
Re: galaxy s5 computer connectivity issues
Try not using carrier-installed bloatware (e.g. whatever from Verizon) but instead third-party programs from the Play Store which usually do much better jobs. I also advise uninstalling anything Verizon if possible.
I suspect you also have Verizon drivers on your PC which I would also recommend uninstallation. (use whatever comes with your PC - e.g. an MTP connection)
If all else fails, you can also get things off your phone indirectly - try using Google+ or Google Drive to upload it onto your account and then download it on the computer.
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-24-2015, 10:22 AM
- By monicabin in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab4 7.0Replies: 6Last Post: 10-23-2014, 02:01 PM
- By CamDroid8 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 25Last Post: 09-06-2014, 11:39 PM
- By Solabendola in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 AccessoriesReplies: 1Last Post: 09-03-2014, 10:36 PM
- By rajatq2 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 09-03-2014, 09:38 PM