Wifi and data running at the same time on my Verizon Galaxy S5!

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I have a Question. I just Purchased 2 Verizon S5's for my wife and daughter last Saturday. I check my daughters S5 last night and WiFi and Data was Running at the Same time. Checked my wife's phone this morning and it is doing the same thing. I know when it is in WiFi the 4G is shaded out. But when I look at both phones both WiFi and 4G are running at the same time. Is there a way to fix this problem.Both phones have not had any software added recently...
Thank You for Your Help!!!

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Still, you've got me paranoid now, especially because my data usage seems a lot higher than it was with my last phone. I think I'm going to add an event to llama to disable 4G while Wi-Fi is running, just to be safe.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
When 4G is greyed out, I'm almost certain that means it's not in use... Why do you think both are being used at the same time?

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I found out what it was. It was Verizon's Caller ID that was causing the WiFi and Data to run at the same time. Remove the Caller ID, It cause both 4G and WiFi to light up at the same time. Both phone's are working fine now.

Last edited:

Ahmer Ghausi

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I am also facing the same problem with my Sony Z Ultra after updating to android L , now I've to open and close it manually and most of the time I forget to do it.. its such pain to check the data all the time and even after updating to L the usage of data is high and its hidden.. for e.g. last month I used 30mb of data ( that my cell phone showed to me) but I got a msg from my carrier that "you have used 80% of your data form your monthly plan" and the actual data plan is for 80mb per month.. I am so pissed bcz of simultaneous usage of Wifi and data. If anyone has the solution please help..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20