Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sbhatia1981
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Now

I'm curious. How many are using Google Now and what are the best things you like about it?

Default Re: Google Now

I primarily use it for tracking packages so I don't forget about incoming things I've ordered.
    The few times I've traveled, it's been a good back up for my boarding pass and similar type things.
    I already have a weather app, so it's is kind of redundant.
    The traffic is pretty nice. Letting me know about traffic situations has been helpful.
    Fandango integration is also quite nice.

That's all I honestly use it for, and for half the things I mentioned, it's just there as a back-up.
    Moto Photon Q (work/power phone) / Sam S5 (new primary) / Sam Continuum (music)

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

I really like Google Now. I have the widget to the left of my home screen (in place of the Flipboard). I use it to see how long it will take to get home, to tell me when I should leave for meetings due to traffic, reminders for new shows (it reminded me that The League was on last night, hilarious), package tracking, and score updates. It is actually one of the favorite things with my move from iPhone. Also, "OK Google set my timer for ..." has replaced my kitchen timer.

Do you guys feel any battery drain with it, I used it for 2 days and battery was draining faster.

Posted via the Android Central App
    RawisTheGameHhH likes this.

I love google now. Cards are somewhat useful, but the best thing about google now is the "okay google" hands free aspect. I love being able to say okay google from any screen to look up directions or to ask google any question.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Ok, so I downloaded the Google now launcher and I am trying to adjust. I loved my weather/clock widget on touchwiz, but there doesn't appear to be one on Google now? Anybody have any suggestions or something I'm missing?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

I have not noticed any battery drain associated with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhatia1981 View Post
    Do you guys feel any battery drain with it, I used it for 2 days and battery was draining faster.

I've set it up so that I can activate it by saying ok Google from any screen. I use it for setting reminders and alarms and getting updates about my soccer teams upcoming matches and scores. I do searches too a lot. Usually via typing rather than vocally.

Posted from my S5
    Posted from my iPad mini/Air.

I love the package tracking, and being able to say "call my [...]". I love the GNL. It shows me TV and movies suggestions, articles about things I recently searched, it's just a nice companion for AI.

Because I live In Iran, Google now has been blocked for me and doesn't show cards! I only ask her for setting alarms and asking weather, so definitely it's not something useful for me!

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts

You can use VPN

I've been using it for a while but I honestly don't see much benefit/usefulness. All it seems to be able to do is tell me I'm "7 minutes from home" when I've already been home for 15. I also don't have any use for voice commands or searches 99% of the time, and I definitely wouldn't use them when I'm out in public which is often.

Quote Originally Posted by bbmjack View Post
    You can use VPN

of course but Google gets my locations with the location tracking. That wasn't a problem in earlier versions.