Note 4 features on the S5

ianeb

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys and girls...

New to Android and S5, I have watched the Note 4 video's and noticed quite a few differences on t he Note 4 software.

My question is, are these differences going to be carried across to the S5? The contacts list looked different, it was white. The quick sizing of windows was a cool feature and taking a selfie shot with the heart rate monitor is useful too. I also noticed it got the new multi-tasking view from Android L.

I know this is a different kind of device with the S-pen and all but the iPhone 6 5.5 model will have identical software to the 4.7 model. Samsung seem to be splitting these devices apart by giving them different variations of Touchwiz/Android.

On a side note, I would be really greatful if someone could point me to the purple/green colour wallpaper that was being used on the Note 4!! I have looked around but no luck!

Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi ianeb, and welcome to the forums/world of Android!

Unfortunately, yes, this is still a 'problem' with Android. While Google releases a 'master code' that could, in theory, be ported to most phones, it's still up to each manufacturer to decide just how much they're going to tweak that code to meet their specific hardware/software needs and if and when they'll update their devices. This, of course, is only true with non-Nexus phones as these do get the same update (to the extent that the hardware permits) and keeps things standardized across devices, just like Apple does with their phones (which it can, since they develop both the hardware and software... but then again, that's why your iPhone 6 will feel just like a speedier iPhone 5, which is just an upgrade of the iPhone 4, and so on and so forth).

As to your specific question, the answer is maybe. Not all features will trickle down to the S5, but some MIGHT. In the past, some of the features of newer phones have made its way to the last one or two phones that Samsung released before the new toy, but it's never a given, especially if it's related to something the new hardware has been optimized to do, like improved Multitasking.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's great for showing off the SAMOLED screen and how the colors pop up, but it's way too purplebluish for my taste haha. But yeah, since these panels have more blue pixels than anything else, they do tend to stand out much more.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This will probably trickle down to the Internets AFTER the phone has gone on sale. To get these pre-installed wallpapers and ringtones someone needs access to the phone to extract the info, and so far (at least as far as I know) no one's had this unit on their hands without supervision.

ianeb

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how I can get a clock like the one shown on the Note 4?

Thank you

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe from Beautiful Widgets? I haven't used it in a L O N G time but there might be something there. Or you could use Zooper Widget to make your own or download any of the available ones. I know that there are some that look similar in Themer, but this would change your entire launcher, not only the clock widget.