Android System drain

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Fully charged my phone last night 100%. Unplugged the charger. Few minutes later a get 2 missed calls. Was lazy so didnt check it. Morning comes i checked the phone and i have lost 10% of battery life. Checked the battery status its been 12 hours. On top of the list was Android System at 30% and Android OS was at 15%. Im not sure was it because of the missed call i didnt check and clear it out?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What is your usual drain overnight after 12 hours? If you're not doing anything else, Android System and OS will end up being near the top of the list. It doesn't necessarily mean they're draining battery unusually.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
What is your usual drain overnight after 12 hours? If you're not doing anything else, Android System and OS will end up being near the top of the list. It doesn't necessarily mean they're draining battery unusually.

My android system is usually below 15%. My usual drain is .3% per hour. This time its wayyy to much.

Posted via the Android Central App

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Overnight when you are sleeping, leave the phone in Ultra Power Savings. Phone calls and messages will still be received but there will be very little battery drain. In addition, rogue apps will have been disabled until you manually start them up again.

revwill

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
In my experience with the S5 so far, the first 10% of the battery drains quickly. It doesn't take long for it to drop from 100% to 90%. It tends to drain MUCH more slowly after that, and if I start at 100% first thing in the morning it's rare I'm below 50% before bedtime.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
My drain is 5% per hour without use and get to 20% by 10 PM (off charger at 7:30 am). That's with light use. If I use it medium/heavily then it'll die by 6,7 pm. I'm disappointed in the battery life of this phone, especially that in the first month the battery life was stellar.

Posted via Android Central App

Ricsoto

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
You know what is frustrating.....I bought a DooGee GT800 to my wife and I tested her phone and mine...went to bed with 100% on both phones.....in the morning I checked...Mine was at 89% and hers was at 99%. What is for sure is that this DooGee is doing an awesome job when idle.

Excuse my English.

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
My drain is 5% per hour without use and get to 20% by 10 PM (off charger at 7:30 am). That's with light use. If I use it medium/heavily then it'll die by 6,7 pm. I'm disappointed in the battery life of this phone, especially that in the first month the battery life was stellar.

I've had mine for a bit over a month now, and the battery life was really good. The most recent Verizon update seemed to make the battery life just a little bit better!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995