Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android System drain

Fully charged my phone last night 100%. Unplugged the charger. Few minutes later a get 2 missed calls. Was lazy so didnt check it. Morning comes i checked the phone and i have lost 10% of battery life. Checked the battery status its been 12 hours. On top of the list was Android System at 30% and Android OS was at 15%. Im not sure was it because of the missed call i didnt check and clear it out?

Posted via the Android Central App

Default Re: Android System drain

What is your usual drain overnight after 12 hours? If you're not doing anything else, Android System and OS will end up being near the top of the list. It doesn't necessarily mean they're draining battery unusually.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    What is your usual drain overnight after 12 hours? If you're not doing anything else, Android System and OS will end up being near the top of the list. It doesn't necessarily mean they're draining battery unusually.
    My android system is usually below 15%. My usual drain is .3% per hour. This time its wayyy to much.

Posted via the Android Central App

Does it persist after a reboot? When this happens to me, a reboot usually clears it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Does it persist after a reboot? When this happens to me, a reboot usually clears it.
    i will try this. thanks

Overnight when you are sleeping, leave the phone in Ultra Power Savings. Phone calls and messages will still be received but there will be very little battery drain. In addition, rogue apps will have been disabled until you manually start them up again.

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts

In my experience with the S5 so far, the first 10% of the battery drains quickly. It doesn't take long for it to drop from 100% to 90%. It tends to drain MUCH more slowly after that, and if I start at 100% first thing in the morning it's rare I'm below 50% before bedtime.

My drain is 5% per hour without use and get to 20% by 10 PM (off charger at 7:30 am). That's with light use. If I use it medium/heavily then it'll die by 6,7 pm. I'm disappointed in the battery life of this phone, especially that in the first month the battery life was stellar.

Posted via Android Central App
    the panda has spoken

You know what is frustrating.....I bought a DooGee GT800 to my wife and I tested her phone and mine...went to bed with 100% on both phones.....in the morning I checked...Mine was at 89% and hers was at 99%. What is for sure is that this DooGee is doing an awesome job when idle.

Excuse my English.

Quote Originally Posted by dadathepanda View Post
    My drain is 5% per hour without use and get to 20% by 10 PM (off charger at 7:30 am). That's with light use. If I use it medium/heavily then it'll die by 6,7 pm. I'm disappointed in the battery life of this phone, especially that in the first month the battery life was stellar.

I've had mine for a bit over a month now, and the battery life was really good. The most recent Verizon update seemed to make the battery life just a little bit better!