Camera not saving pictures/videos

10tamsin

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, after some help! For some unknown reason my camera, normal one, not a new app, won't save pictures or videos and, once taken, the gallery comes up with like a black box where the photo should be with a symbol in it ..... any ideas? Thank you!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-05-21-24-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-05-21-24-45.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 42

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Are you saving them to an SD card? If so, the card may be corrupt. Does it do the same thing if you save pics/vids to the internal storage?

Natalina85

May 15, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem and it went away the moment i took out the sd card

Were you able to use the same car later, and did you need to do anything with it (such as wipe it or reformat)? I'm having the same issue and I'm just wondering if I should get a new one or if this one will still serve after I've popped it out and done what needs to be done. Thanks!

Mlhecky76

Nov 5, 2017
Visit site
I just had this problem and was taking out the sd card and trying to clear things. Nothing worked. Turns out I must have accidentally tapped on something. Try this: Open the camera app. Tap settings top left. There was a symbol with an arrow on an SD card. I tapped on that and it became a symbol with an arrow on a phone. Problem solved. Lol Geez. Go figure.

Sandy_Vujakovicj

Oct 18, 2018
Visit site
Go to

Settings>App manager>All>Camera

press 'clear data'

see if that helps

That actually worked for me!

I know my phone's not an S5, but it doesn't even matter anymore (LineageOS installed over Samsung's flavour of Android), so I'm just here to say that it worked for me as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae