S5 over iPhone 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm considering switching to the iPhone 6...maybe 6+. I haven't played around with iOS 8 yet, but with what my boyfriend has told me and how much more it integrates with my Mac, I may cross over to the dark side.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I've just installed ios 8 on my ipod touch and there isn't much to it. I'm not that impressed so far.

Sharing still seems limited in comparison to Android. Widgets are meh. SwiftKey is now available but it keeps defaulting back to the stock keyboard and there arent that many themes available.

Posted from my S5

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I've just installed ios 8 on my ipod touch and there isn't much to it. I'm not that impressed so far.

Sharing still seems limited in comparison to Android. Widgets are meh. SwiftKey is now available but it keeps defaulting back to the stock keyboard and there arent that many themes available.

Posted from my S5

I said the same thing when I updated my iPad. I wasn't wowed.

Posted via Android Central App

ashleymcguffries90

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I installed ios8 on my iPad and not really impressed to the point where I just want to jump back to Apple. I really do enjoy the customization and freedom of android ??????

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I installed ios8 on my iPad and not really impressed to the point where I just want to jump back to Apple. I really do enjoy the customization and freedom of android ������

im glad to know it's not just me who feels this way. lol i'm thinking that the update and upgrades are more beneficial to the phones than the other devices.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
My daughter is looking to get rid of her Windows phone and considering the iPhone 5c in PINK, yup, color is more important than anything else for her.

My price on that for her from Verizon is $29.99

Verizon is also offering me the LG Spectrum 2 for the heart thumping price of $0.99, I'm shivering from the high price of that one
ROFL.gif.pagespeed.ce.uQ-xVOmh9m.gif

UKgalaxy

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Like others I have just updated my ipad 3 and old iphone 5 (which I no longer use as a phone) to iOS 8 and it is quite disappointing. Whilst there have been changes none of them are visually obvious, it's just that same old boring iOS layout as usual, but as long as the isheep keep lapping it up, apple will keep turning out the same old tosh. I think the only way apple would ever sit up and listen would be if people voted with their wallets but that aint gonna happen as it almost has a cult following.

So glad I changed to the S5, it's just very refreshing to have a new OS.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Allenhardiman

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Before the s5 I had blackberry phones and I love the s5. What I dislike about Iphones is their battery life. My friends who are using iphones are stuck with their powerbank. Im not the kind of person who like to fully fill my pocket with stuffs like that. Great battery life has always been the most important criteria for me and s5 does it really well :)

Posted via the Android Central App

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I lasted about 3 hours with my fiancé's 5s. I take back what I said about switching to the 6. My fiancé definitely made iOS 8 to be way better than what it was.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I lasted about 3 hours with my fiancé's 5s. I take back what I said about switching to the 6. My fiancé definitely made iOS 8 to be way better than what it was.

ios 8 is rubbish. Not only is it underwhelming but it's buggy as hell. So glad that my ios devices are not my daily drivers.

Posted from my S5

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
My daughter is looking to get rid of her Windows phone and considering the iPhone 5c in PINK, yup, color is more important than anything else for her.

My price on that for her from Verizon is $29.99

Verizon is also offering me the LG Spectrum 2 for the heart thumping price of $0.99, I'm shivering from the high price of that one http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/images/emoticons/ROFL.gif.pagespeed.ce.uQ-xVOmh9m.gif

She could get the pink note 4 if it isn't too big for her :)

Posted from my S5

RStoychev

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello, this is the first time writing on the forums, which I've been reading for some time. I have been using iphones for 5 years and the first android device that I got (and still use) was the nexus 7 2013 lte tablet, really happy with it and stock android, but after the release of the iphone 6 I was kind of disappointed from the lack of innovation, there isn't anything new, beside the design everything it is the same IMO. Now I'm looking forward to get the Samsung galaxy S5 and can't wait to get it, but I must wait for another 2 weeks, because my contract is still closed for renewing :D

Last edited:

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand some people's explanations when they argue how android is so much better than ios. The biggest one is customization and developer freedom. Dont get that. Not much to customize with android in my opinion. Downloaded a launcher and 3 days later i was bored to tears with it. Also, if developer's have so much freedom with android then why are the apps so crappy? I like the S5, but i stopped using the figer print swipe garbage the 2 day i git the phone and went back to the pattern unlock, dont use the heart rate app and i never use the IR blaster. So much for inovation.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand some people's explanations when they argue how android is so much better than ios. The biggest one is customization and developer freedom. Dont get that. Not much to customize with android in my opinion. Downloaded a launcher and 3 days later i was bored to tears with it. Also, if developer's have so much freedom with android then why are the apps so crappy? I like the S5, but i stopped using the figer print swipe garbage the 2 day i git the phone and went back to the pattern unlock, dont use the heart rate app and i never use the IR blaster. So much for inovation.

We are all different. I use the fingerprint scanner, heart rate monitor and the IR Blaster.

Posted from my S5

sctbc2

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
So much for inovation.

Are you saying the new iPhones are innovative?
This horse has been beaten to death, but just to name a few things (there is so much more) :
Battery life on my s5 is much better, and I have 3 batteries, easy to switch them out, better screen, and not locked into iTunes as my music player. . So many music a apps available. I use power amp, and I can assure you that app is not garbage. Oh yeah, SD card, I have a 64gb, but the s5 can utilize a 128gb SD card, water resistant, dust proof, and the smart stay feature actually works.

Posted via Android Central App

Allenhardiman

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Just went to the local apple store for take a look on the iphone 6. I tested the camera and although both s5 and i6 produce great image, the image on the s5 is more eye catching. Also, the design of the 6 plus is a bit strange IMO

Posted via the Android Central App

Status
Not open for further replies.