Why isn't my S5 screen not coming on during call?

Drummerboy1975

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Normally, when you pull the ph9ne away from your face, the screen comes on so you can multi-task during a call or end the call. My stores doing that. Now I have to press my side butting to wake the screen up. Anyone else having this issue?

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Re: Screen not coming on during call.

I'm not having this exact issue but I am having an issue where when I get a phone call my screen doesn't turn on. It rings but I have to press the power button to turn the screen on and its not the latest update cause its been happening a lot since I got the phone.

jdh4

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Screen not coming on during call.

I have had this problem for a while now. The screen would come on when I first got the phone but not for months now. I have re-started, pulled the battery and still does not come on unless I press the home button

Posted via Android Central App

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
First, use a good cloth to clean your proximity sensor real good and see if that fix it.

This is a very typical problem when proximity sensor got dusty. Options are limited:

1. Blow compressed air into ear phone plug, it may blow away the dust.

2. Disassemble the phone to clean the sensor.

3. Root the phone and edit sensor configurations so it is set to wake up at higher values from proximity sensor.

4. Wait for miracle to happen and the phone heals itself.

My note 3 had this problem, I tried 1, didn't work, I didn't want to try 2 or 3 due to warranty.

6 months late, 4 worked!

@T-Mobile GN3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz