Updating contact list...[Samsung Galaxy S5]

Medo Ali

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Updating contact list...

Try to force stop application(contacts) from APP settings and clear cache/Data, then close WiFi, 3G or whatever internet access then open the contacts again.

Abid Rahman

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site

Here is what worked for me for the same issue on my LG G4 after Marshmallow update after hours of trial and error:
1. Make sure you are on WiFi
2. Put the phone on Airplane mode
3. Disable/Unsync Google contacts under "Settings->Accounts->Google-> Contacts Sync"
4. inside the Account and Sync settings, remove all accounts, like Google, Facebook, LG, Gmail, Skype
5. Clear Cache and Data of Contacts under "Settings->General->Apps->Contacts->storage"
6. Clear Cache and Data of Gmail under "Settings->General->Apps->Gmail->storage"
7. Clear Cache and Data of Google under "Settings->General->Apps->Google->storage"
8. In the same way go through each app in the list and clear cache and also data if the data for the that app is something you can get rid of
9. Turn off Airplane mode
10. Add back Google account under Settings->General->Account and Sync
11. Enable /Sync Google Contacts under "Settings->Accounts->Google-> Contacts Sync"
12. Now your Contact Apps will have all the local and Google/Gmail contacts

wtammarcus

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site

KTNKC, it really works, thanks a lot. And now my contact loading is even faster than before....really big help

Julz

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site

I had an update waiting this morning, so I let it happen and since then my contacts have been "updating". I can't use my phone as a phone, I can't get to any of my contacts, logs, faves, etc. I have done everything I can think of, restarted, powered off, taken out the battery, etc...

Any suggestions? Going on 5 hours of this...

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

I had the same prob right now on my phone pls help how to fix it

Providing that you have followed the instructions in post #23 and have enabled gmail contacts in... Contacts > Menu (3dots) > Settings > Contacts > Contacts to display (select either gmail or All), there is nothing more that I can suggest.

21Hutch

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site

I've got an LG G4. Did a software update and also experiencing the problem of 'Contacts Updating' continuosly. So frustrating!

Yuvraj Kadam

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Re: Samsung S5 updating contacts

You can also try by going to settings, then accounts and click on the email you are using and uncheck the sync box.

This solved my problem. Thanks

Asadbcn

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site

just repaired a fone with this same problem without doing factory reset.
Disable the conatacts application then enable it and also there will be another app of contacts in the disable apps saction do enable it also worked for me hope this will work for you guys also :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463