snapdragon battery guru - is it worth it?

iRevo

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
i just got my galaxy s5 with the snapdragon 801 processor and i downloaded snapdragon battery guru. but i found out that location services needs to be on all the time, so to those who have been using this app for a while, it is worth it or will my battery life be better without it? thanks

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I use it. I've increased my battery life in excess of 40%. It's takes a few days for it to learn about how you use your phone but rest assured it is worth it. I'm very hard on my phone and its on 24x7. I also run alot if sync and use it to take an extensive amount of pictures. Battery Guru is well worth the time and effort.

I've only had one issue and that is when there is an update to Android it seems to require a learning period again.

iRevo

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I use it. I've increased my battery life in excess of 40%. It's takes a few days for it to learn about how you use your phone but rest assured it is worth it. I'm very hard on my phone and its on 24x7. I also run alot if sync and use it to take an extensive amount of pictures. Battery Guru is well worth the time and effort.

I've only had one issue and that is when there is an update to Android it seems to require a learning period again.

ok thanks for your help

bbmjack

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
For those who don't have snapdragon version
Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I just read the snapdragon battery guru information and it seems to be a very good app for those who don't wish to "get into" how to make their phone work.

For extending battery life, I have taken a different approach that meets my needs extremely well.

I use MacroDroid to turn off the WiFi and Data (the internet) when my phone's screen is locked.

When I unlock the phone, MacroDroid automatically senses that and turns both WiFi and Data back on.

MacroDroid is extremely versatile and just might be something to help you out.

* MacroDroid - Device Automation - Android Apps on Google Play

* MacroDroid, setting it up

Using my approach can result in less than 10% battery loss per 24 hr day IF the phone is not used during that time.

If the phone is idle, I personally have no use for the internet. Everything will sync up with 2 to 4 seconds after the screen is unlocked and I find no detriment to my method.

However, if you are a socially integrated person and need to be notified that the neighbor's cat got out of the house, this will not work for you.... Me? I have no use at all for chat mode, social networks, etc...

YMMV

iRevo

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I just read the snapdragon battery guru information and it seems to be a very good app for those who don't wish to "get into" how to make their phone work.

For extending battery life, I have taken a different approach that meets my needs extremely well.

I use MacroDroid to turn off the WiFi and Data (the internet) when my phone's screen is locked.

When I unlock the phone, MacroDroid automatically senses that and turns both WiFi and Data back on.

MacroDroid is extremely versatile and just might be something to help you out.

* MacroDroid - Device Automation - Android Apps on Google Play

* MacroDroid, setting it up

Using my approach can result in less than 10% battery loss per 24 hr day IF the phone is not used during that time.

If the phone is idle, I personally have no use for the internet. Everything will sync up with 2 to 4 seconds after the screen is unlocked and I find no detriment to my method.

However, if you are a socially integrated person and need to be notified that the neighbor's cat got out of the house, this will not work for you.... Me? I have no use at all for chat mode, social networks, etc...

YMMV

ok thanks ill try that app also.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I have used the app not only on my LG NITRO for years and noticed it had a cool feature.
However on my LG G3 it was a battery hog and I uninstalled it because it just has that one feature I like.
You DO NOT need location services on.
Trust me I never had it on, on either phones and it still worked.
IMO I think you are better off without it since it is running all the time and does little to help but adjust syncs.

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
This app is stupid
It tells you to keep your location services always on and that drains the battery like crazy

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

theonlybuster

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Location services do not have to be on.

Maybe there's been an update since your last "Learning" use... I installed the app 11pm last night, have yet to enable Location, and here we are about 15hrs later and it still says it's in learning mode and will show activity shortly.

Thus far, I've installed it, made a few changes in the settings and basically sat here waiting. I was expecting to wake up to see SOMETHING, but got nothing. Then figured I'd get to work and then look at it around lunch, yepp still nothing.

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I used this and like other people said, if Location Services were not on, it would tell you to turn it back on otherwise the app would halt.

As for the app itself, I didn't see any improvements and settled with turning off all the features to get decent idle times

theonlybuster

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
As for the app itself, I didn't see any improvements and settled with turning off all the features to get decent idle times

In the end, I had about the same results. It told me the obvious, and didn't really improve battery life much more than my already used methods of utilizing Lama (or other Profile adjusting app).
It seems more or less like it's for someone who just wants to install a program rather than taking the time to tweak the phone to maximize battery life. It's for more of the grab and go user, rather than the sit and tinker user.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
The AI technology employed in this app actually let's the grab and go user have the ability to benefit from the developers understanding of how the device really works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12