Does the galaxy s5 lag after using it for a couple of months?

agdorid

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I want the galaxy s5, but im afraid that after a few months or so, its gonna slow down and start logging. Is the lag really bad?

black_thorne

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious about this too. That was my worry when buying the s5. Ive had mine for about 1.5 months now. It's a nice phone, but it does have more issues then my iphone had. Internet will stop working and I'll have to restart the phone. Occasionally it will lag. Not too terrible, but not the smooth operation of an iphone.

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
It's the stupid touchwiz
There will be lag, and apps will stop working, and pages will freeze

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious about this too. That was my worry when buying the s5. Ive had mine for about 1.5 months now. It's a nice phone, but it does have more issues then my iphone had. Internet will stop working and I'll have to restart the phone. Occasionally it will lag. Not too terrible, but not the smooth operation of an iphone.
Hye black_thorne, what carrier are you with?

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
It's the stupid touchwiz
There will be lag, and apps will stop working, and pages will freeze

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

ROFL . Really where you getting your info from ? I've had my S5 since day one . No lag or Freezing .

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
No, it will only slow down if you add something that increases the load on the cpu.

I have had mine since release date, and every time a lag problem shows up, I can directly trace it down to something I just changed.

I delete that change and the lag issue is gone.

I have recently started using the Nova Launcher and had a lot of new things to get used to. It has its' problems also, but I keep using it because Nova can backup the current state of all the home pages and then restore them if you need to.

Nova "seems to be" a bit faster than the TouchWiz launcher. That would just be the GUI though, as the underlying OS is still the same.

punk999

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
You can always clear the system cache
Power off phone
Press and hold menu, volume up and powerbutton
Cwm menu will show up
Use volume key and go to 'wipe cache partition' and press power button to select
Click on reboot device

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I am using S5 duos sine 5 days and it's really smooth and fast...though I have limited apps installed...battery life is great that's it's new with 18 hrs with heavy use...I am really happy with this phone...One of the best android around