Alarm weather location

S5_GJH

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Mine shows the wrong location.

How do I change it?

This seems to be the inky question Google cannot answer.

Posted via Android Central App

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
You don't say what app you are referring to.

however, all weather apps want to have access to your phone's location services.

You must allow that. And, to provide a better experience for that, I suggest that you:

• Leave the GPS on all the time
  • Set it for High Accuracy mode
( this does not effect your battery life, the gps is not ON unless it is being accessed by an app )

Use either the Weather Channel's app or AccuWeather's app.
both of those seem to detect my area as I move about the country with no problems at all.

I have other specialized weather apps, such as MyRadar and the instant it comes up, it displays my location as a blue dot on the map and it gives the name of the nearest city/town.

There is one other thing you can do to enhance your weather app's precision.

Install GPS Status. This app when activated interrogates a server somewhere, gets the current Ephemeris table for the GPS satellite locations, and then locates your phone to within a very precise amount. It will display the accuracy available at the time you are looking at it. Depending on how many satellites your GPS can see, you can get location precision down to 8 or 9 feet. I get 13 feet just about any time I use it.

Once GPS Status has locked in your location, leave it running, hit the Home Key to get back to a home page and then bring up your weather app. It will now precisely know where you are within 33 feet or less, and you will get the "local weather" as good as the Weather Bureaus can guesstimate it.
ROFL.gif.pagespeed.ce.uQ-xVOmh9m.gif
waving.gif.pagespeed.ce.ebPKtv7uA9.gif

Your phone's actual GPS location precision deteriorates over time if the internal GPS receiver is not accessed for a while. This is normal and meant to reduce the battery drain. All the phone actually needs to work is the general area it is in, it gets that info from triangulating the cell phone towers. It is this "network location info" that is causing your phone to display the "wrong location". It isn't wrong, it just isn't precise enough to make you happy. Follow my suggestions...

Betcha it does a much better job for you now. Please report back on your results.

* GPS Status & Toolbox - Android Apps on Google Play

* MyRadar Weather Radar - Android Apps on Google Play

* The Weather Channel - Android Apps on Google Play

Last edited:

S5_GJH

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, I meant the stock clock/alarm app.

When it goes off in the morning it shows a weather location which is no where where I live.

How do I change it?

S5_GJH

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Were you ever able to figure this out? My Samsung Galaxy alpha has the same problem. Stock alarm clock shows weather for wrong city and I can't figure out how to either disable it or change it.

No I haven't been able to figure it out..... Still comes up with a location that it about 50 miles from where I actually am.

madx80h

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Arg, mine does the same thing. Might have to download a 3rd party alarm app i guess since there doesn't appear to be a way to even disable the weather from showing.

anto ourfalian

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Arg, mine does the same thing. Might have to download a 3rd party alarm app i guess since there doesn't appear to be a way to even disable the weather from showing.

Hey guys. The answer to your problem...

The weather that is displayed is through the weather widget. Open the widget and add your location. Then the alarm then shows an accurate location.

Hope that helps.

S5_GJH

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. The answer to your problem...

The weather that is displayed is through the weather widget. Open the widget and add your location. Then the alarm then shows an accurate location.

Hope that helps.

THANK YOU!

I have just unticked every box so no weather is displayed!

Nicole_Suzanne

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
My phone was having the same issue and I figured out that the last city I looked up in my maps is what was showing because I typically don't leave my location on. If you go to your weathere widget settings and click use current location you can set the location you want and even if you turn location back off it will show last location before turning it off.

Jonny the bobby

Apr 23, 2018
Visit site
Hello i have a samsung lite s5 and i cant seen to get the location off my alarms(it shows the wrong time).I've tired every thing but nothing is working any tips thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar