Has anyone tried Verizon VoLTE on their S5?

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
If you got the newest update from Verizon you can now use voice over LTE for HD video/voice calls. You need to go to your My Verizon account and add it. Its free of charge(I'm on unlimited and added with no issue) and after you add it reset your phone and it appears under mobile network as a option to turn off and on. I did it last night but haven't placed any calls yet. Let me know what you think.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Verizon VoLTE (voice over LTE)

Huh. I'm already on 4.4.4, I've added volte to my account online and have rebooted the phone twice but I still don't see the option under mobile networks. I guess I'll try a reboot again later and see if it shows up.

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

Huh. I'm already on 4.4.4, I've added volte to my account online and have rebooted the phone twice but I still don't see the option under mobile networks. I guess I'll try a reboot again later and see if it shows up.

Your tower still has to support it. So if it is not on your tower, you are not going to be using it. You just have it on now until it is available.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site

Your tower still has to support it. So if it is not on your tower, you are not going to be using it. You just have it on now until it is available.

I think he is saying the option is not even showing up in his settings whether he has it in the area or not.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

I think he is saying the option is not even showing up in his settings whether he has it in the area or not.

Exactly. Still not showing up. I'll try another reboot later when I'm in a different location, though.

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

Exactly. Still not showing up. I'll try another reboot later when I'm in a different location, though.

sorry for the misunderstanding before. I am on a business account, but had my IT person go into our account and online, when looking at features, it was listed as HD Voice and a check box off to the right to click. It shows, as stated by Umass021, that is is free/$0.00

srmoreno

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site

Man I just enabled the feature and rebooted. I must say the call quality is awesome. Crystal clear. And the video quality doesn't have the lag like other services. After I made the call the feature showed up in the mobile networks settings. It wasn't there before. You know your on a HD voice call as a white box with HD shows up on the call screen also.

Posted via the Android Central App

bbogert79

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site

Make sure you have your network set to CDMA/LTE and not on Global or it won't work. A check box will show up in the mobile networks settings section.

srmoreno

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site

Mine works just fine with the global setting. Both HD voice and video.. FYI

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

Mine works just fine with the global setting. Both HD voice and video.. FYI

That's what I figured would be the case. As far as I know, having it set to global means the phone will still only connect to CDMA/LTE because that's simply what Verizon's network is.

bbogert79

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site

Oh wow interesting alright. The only way I could get it to work is to change to CDMA LTE only.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Didn't work for me. Ruined my ability to make or receive phone calls all day. Verizon swore a factory reset would help but like I tried to tell them it did not. I had to decline the hd calling through the Verizon website to get calling abilities back. Found it funny how no-one not even the manager at the corporate store knew a single thing about VoLTE being available or how to help.

Cindy B1

May 18, 2014
Visit site
If you got the newest update from Verizon you can now use voice over LTE for HD video/voice calls. You need to go to your My Verizon account and add it. Its free of charge(I'm on unlimited and added with no issue) and after you add it reset your phone and it appears under mobile network as a option to turn off and on. I did it last night but haven't placed any calls yet. Let me know what you think.

Where does it give you the option to addit? My verizon doesn't List it as an option. It does list advanced calling 1.0 but only for the iPhones. My Moto x is apparently not compatible. I did enable voice and data in the mobile network settings on my phone and restarted the phone. What am I missing?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2