Dumping the S5 for the Note 4 - Am I alone?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Am I the the only one bored with the S5 and will be dumping it for the Note 4?

I'm sure the S5 will be valueless by the time the Note 4 comes out.

I'll dump it on eBay for what ever I can get.

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

Valueless? The note 4 is coming out like next month or so, the S5 will still be worth hundreds

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

diego.roscetti

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I cannot understand how people can afford to continually "dump" their phones (and money) after only a couple of months with a new phone.

No wonder VISA is making a lot of money!!!!

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I cannot understand how people can afford to continually "dump" their phones (and money) after only a couple of months with a new phone.

Well I can do it because I have T-Mobile's jump program, and can upgrade every six months
I'm not sure how everyone else can afford it

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

Valueless? Really? The almost one and a half year old S4 still goes for well north of $200...

diego.roscetti

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Well I can do it because I have T-Mobile's jump program, and can upgrade every six months
I'm not sure how everyone else can afford it

That makes sense in your case, however, I am sure a lot of the others are not in the same position as you are.

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
That makes sense in your case, however, I am sure a lot of the others are not in the same position as you are.

Yeah, but really, two years is too long to wait to get an upgrade
Maybe it's fine for people who don't really care about their phones, but for somebody tech savvy like me, I want the latest and the greatest

Maladroit23

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site

I'm considering the same switch. Just not sure how different the interfaces are. I don't like learning how to use a phone while I'm using it for work :-!

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Used the Note 2 for 8 months and it's flat out too big for me. Switched to the S4 before upgrading to the S5.

Not "bored" of the S5 yet. Or to be more accurate, not drooling over anything new right now.

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I considered getting the note 4,
Love the specs, but I think it's just too big
I think I'm going to get the Sony xperia z3, but I'm also thinking about the iPhone 6

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Most people flip their old phones. If you have a new phone like an S5 you can flip it for pretty good money (provided the condition) so you only come out of pocket a little bit ...

diego.roscetti

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Most people flip their old phones. If you have a new phone like an S5 you can flip it for pretty good money (provided the condition) so you only come out of pocket a little bit ...

I understand that thought. But in the end you still will be loosing money or paying more. The amount you would get back for an S5 for example won't pay off the amount of a Note 4 by a far margin.

Posted via Android Central App

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I understand that thought. But in the end you still will be loosing money or paying more. The amount you would get back for an S5 for example won't pay off the amount of a Note 4 by a far margin.

Posted via Android Central App

Exactly, I'm with you. I'm not about to drop the several hundred dollar difference every couple of months because something (sometimes) marginally better comes out. More power to those who do, though. It's just not my MO.

srayjacobs

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I need to have my phone dust and water resistant because of my work or I would think about it. That was the main selling point for me on the S5. I have the note pro 12.2 for home fun so I'm good.

Galaxy S5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith