What changed on Verizon S5 OTA (9/18) ?

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Another verizon OTA

I do! It wastes your battery and slowes down your device! Good f-ing job verizon!

Posted via Android Central App

Travo79

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

I took the update this morning as well. My battery dropped from 95% to 10% in under 3 hours. After doing some digging I found that I had lost root and the kernel was keeping the CPU awake. I had to flash back to the older kernel, re-root, and then flash the new kernel. Fixed! Now my battery is back to normal.
So, if you were rooted and are experiencing battery drain this may be the cause.

Posted via the Android Central App

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

Couldn't be happier . 4.4.4 messed up my BT when I got that. This bug fix ,fixed it . Batteries been doing fine .

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I took the update this morning as well. My battery dropped from 95% to 10% in under 3 hours. After doing some digging I found that I had lost root and the kernel was keeping the CPU awake. I had to flash back to the older kernel, re-root, and then flash the new kernel. Fixed! Now my battery is back to normal.
So, if you were rooted and are experiencing battery drain this may be the cause.

Posted via the Android Central App

I was about to say this. I don't have root and the kernal ate my battery! My battery was down to 35% and dropped 2% after the display was on for a minute. I only had 1 hour 10 minutes or display and 40 minutes of talk time in 7 hours. I removed my battery and reboot and went from 35% to 23%.

What the heck? First full day after update and this?

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

I was about to say this. I don't have root and the kernal ate my battery! My battery was down to 35% and dropped 2% after the display was on for a minute. I only had 1 hour 10 minutes or display and 40 minutes of talk time in 7 hours. I removed my battery and reboot and went from 35% to 23%.

What the heck? First full day after update and this?

I'm surprised my battery has been fine on both updates. Wipe the cache, that's what I did.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

enege8yt.jpg
I'm surprised my battery has been fine on both updates. Wipe the cache, that's what I did.

I did this yesterday and my results improved. The battery seems to be draining slightly faster than normal though but its only a slight decrease.
2y8u2uha.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol