How to lock text msgs from being deleted on Galaxy S5?

Christopher David3

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I see the option for locked messages on the drop down menu inside the messaging app, but for the life of me I do not understand how to actually LOCK a message. It's not really a big deal cause I wouldn't use that option much anyway, but it just irks me not knowing. I watched a tutorial on Youtube and the guy on the clip had different options than what my S5 has? He was from overseas though so I imagine there are slight differences in what is released there and what is released here. Can anyone help?

Thanx.

bbqdroid

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: How do I Lock a Text Message so that it is saved and can't be deleted?

Press and hold the message you want to save, and Message Options will pop up:

Delete
Copy Text
Forward
LOCK
Copy to SIM
Save Message
Share View Message Details.

The one you are looking for is in the middle.

Roker Roar

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site

Help!

When I press and hold the message, the only "message options " that come up are--"delete", and "copy text"

No option to lock ?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Help!

When I press and hold the message, the only "message options " that come up are--"delete", and "copy text"

No option to lock ?
Are you using the stock Galaxy S5 messaging application? If so, then maybe this was a pre-Lollipop feature?

Roker Roar

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
If you mean long press a msg, I've done that as said above. If you mean go to the thread list of people and press a thread contact, no it doesnt come up as option

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Lock is available on the stock messaging app on my Lollipop, Android 5.0, G900F international model

PLAN B

Install Textra SMS, free from the Play Store. This will pick up your existing texts and display them. Long press on the text you wish to save and a tick will appear against it. Select Menu, (3 dots), and choose lock.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Lock is available on the stock messaging app on my Lollipop, Android 5.0, G900F international model

PLAN B

Install Textra SMS, free from the Play Store. This will pick up your existing texts and display them. Long press on the text you wish to save and a tick will appear against it. Select Menu, (3 dots), and choose lock.
Textra is a great messaging application - I would recommend using that to lock your apps if you are not able to achieve it with the stock app.

Roker Roar

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks but the list of permissions required is frightening.

It basically controls my phone and I get SO worried about permissions I rarely load apps at all

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance