With all these new devices being released, anyone changing from the Galaxy S5 to another?

Will you be getting a new phone?

• Total voters

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The Xperia Z3 has convinced me that this will be my next phone, the low light shot samples released are unbelievable! And battery last a very long time! Goodbye Samsung...for now

Anyone else?

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
The Xperia Z3 has convinced me that this will be my next phone, the low light shot samples released are unbelievable! And battery last a very long time! Goodbye Samsung...for now

Anyone else?

I feel you
That z3 looks amazing

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site

Anyone else?
Not trying to discourage you or any one from leaving Samsung but I just read this review from Forbes while trying to make a switch also, but after reading it, I think I would be going back rather than getting a better phone..... Here is the link in case any one wants to read it and go over it.
Sony Xperia Z3 Review: Sony Improves On Its Vision Of A Perfect Smartphone - Forbes

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I was originally looking at changing to the HTC One M8 or Experia Z3 as my Galaxy S5 was constantly skipping/stuttering during Bluetooth audio playback no matter what app I tried. The update to 4.4.4 did nothing but the patch that went out last week has finally fixed the issue. So I will be sticking with my S5 for a while, at least a year at this point. I would like a smartphone with a bigger display so I will probably wait until the Note 5 or Note Edge 2 comes out. There's no going back to iOS for me, at least not until Apple releases an iPhone with a memory card slot and/or charges a reasonable amount for a phone with 128GB of storage (not $500 or $600 on-contract).

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Not trying to discourage you or any one from leaving Samsung but I just read this review from Forbes while trying to make a switch also, but after reading it, I think I would be going back rather than getting a better phone..... Here is the link in case any one wants to read it and go over it.
Sony Xperia Z3 Review: Sony Improves On Its Vision Of A Perfect Smartphone - Forbes

I read this as well, to me, the phone is the same as the S5 but the 3 things that really enticed me was:

(1) The battery life (Longest battery life of any phone right now)
Sony's Xperia Z3 has the longest battery life of any flagship

(2) Low Light Camera
The samples photos from the Z3 are just amazing as when compared to my S5

(3) Remote Play
I have a PS4 and I think I would like to use this feature

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I spent the past month deciding what phone to migrate to. There will always be something better soon after you purchase whatever you have. I opted for the S5 based upon its features, as well as the extensive support, accessories, and engaged user community.

After a few days, little sleep and a very customized phone - I'm extremely pleased with my choice.

Posted via the Android Central App

vrcounselor

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
There are indeed some incredible phones on the market now and still some to come out soon but I for one am a samsung galaxy s5 fanatic at heart so I can't see myself changing anytime soon.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
(3) Remote Play
I have a PS4 and I think I would like to use this feature

I use this all the time with my PS4 and Vita. I'll leave a game in the console, which is in my living room, and play it on my Vita while sitting up in bed at night. However, Sony's implementation with the Z3 still requires a DualShock 4 controller and you'll need the accessory that attaches the phone to the DS4. If you're going through all of that, I think you might as well just get a Vita. Remote Play is limited to 720p so you won't really benefit from going up to the 1080p of the Z3. It's nice that the Z3 can do this but given the cost of a Vita (I purchased mine for $130 of Craigslist), I think that would be a better option. It's not as clunky, still has a nice display (especially if you pick up an older OLED one), and has controls built-in.

The other features are nice (battery life and camera) but I wouldn't really count Remote Play, not with the Vita still on the market.

The sample low light shots from the Z3 do look really nice and I like how Sony's Android skin isn't as intrusive as TouchWiz.

_Zguy__

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
None of the newer phones have interested me much, z3 is the closest because I decided between the z2 and s5 but it still has the non amoled screen and glass/nonremovable back that doesn't sound fun to me long term.

Once the next android starts coming out on new devices I may be tempted however

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Just got my S5, so no. Regardless, the notes are all too big for me (the S5 is borderline), I'm done with Motorola after my last debacle of a phone, and don't really have any experience with Sony or LG.

Iphone 6? Sorry, I'm not an iphone person. iphones are good if you want to adapt your style to the phone. I prefer to adapt the phone to my style, so I'll stick with android.