Is anyone using a Bluetooth heart rate monitor with their S5?

jemalone

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone is using a heart rate monitor with there S5 and runkeeper. I want to know a good working solution before I invest in one. I am looking for a BTLE version of one. I prefer to get one that others are using that works.

Thanks

Jack

Brian_Blaire

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Not me, i just use the built in heart rate monitor on the back of the device before, during, and after workouts.

Posted from Samsung Galaxy S5

Redmoonstar66

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a scorche rhythm + armband and downloaded Icardio from the play store scorche syncs with the app via Bluetooth it works fine. I also have GPS enabled so it tracks distance. Hope this helps.

jaihawk

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone is using a heart rate monitor with there S5 and runkeeper. I want to know a good working solution before I invest in one. I am looking for a BTLE version of one. I prefer to get one that others are using that works.

Thanks

Jack

I use Polar's H7 Bluetooth Heart Rate monitor and I absolutely love it and the app that comes with it.

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I use Polar's H7 Bluetooth Heart Rate monitor and I absolutely love it and the app that comes with it.

The sensor part of that looks bulky in pics. Is it? The chest strap for my Garmin Edge gave up the ghost a while back (not that it was terribly comfy anyway) and I've been looking for a replacement to use while riding. Being S5 compatible is a real plus.

jaihawk

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
The sensor part of that looks bulky in pics. Is it? The chest strap for my Garmin Edge gave up the ghost a while back (not that it was terribly comfy anyway) and I've been looking for a replacement to use while riding. Being S5 compatible is a real plus.

It's smaller than the key fob for my prius. I work out quite a bit with it on and never even notice it.

CKR83

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I also use a Polar with the chest strap because I need to be as close to accurate as I can when I blade. It worked perfectly with my iPhone 5 and Runtastic and works just as perfectly (if not better because there's a battery indicator) with the S5 and Runtastic. I think the key is that it has to be a BLE device.

CKR83

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. I might have to get one and test it with Runkeeper and if it want work then try out runtastic.

Heh. That wasn't an advert for Runtastic. I use it because it does pretty much everything I need it to. It's a great app (if you pay the price for the pro 4.99 I think?) but the still aggressively advertise until you get the gold version -- which does way more than I need and is quite expensive. Still, it's a great app.