One of my quad core processors is not working.

vitalin

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,
new to the site but i have been monitoring it for a while now its very cool !!!

Just got my new S5 few days ago, SM-G900F.
No issues till now, working perfectly. my concern is about cpu-z results.
it keeps saying 2 of my cores are not working (Stopped).
actually it work for a 2 sec when am launching cpu-z then its stopped.
is it a bug, something should i be worry about? or thats the way the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 works (i mean a sleep mode to save battery life)?

thanks for any responces
:)

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

is it a bug, something should i be worry about? or thats the way the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 works (i mean a sleep mode to save battery life)?

thanks for any responces

Yeah I think it has to do with saving power, as all 4 cores don't need to be running at the same time
Did you turn power saving mode on?

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Interesting . It shows Cores 1 & 2 are stopped on my phone too. I wouldn't expect all 4 cores to be on all the time . The would be a drain on the battery. I could be wrong though.

vitalin

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Its probably a power saving reaction, the 4 cores are back to track when am launching games.

Posted via the Android Central with my Samsung Galaxy S5

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-20-16-38-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-20-16-38-23.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 126

Austin185

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I believe that depending on the tasks you are doing, all cores don't need to always run. They run based on your usage and tasks.

Posted via Android Central App

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
It only makes sense that the load is spread around to help with processing multiple tasks.

When the housekeeping is done, it throttles back.

On mine, with the Nova launcher running, after CPU-Z was brought up, it fluctuated around at different speeds amongst the different cores. Then they all settled down to 300 mHz.

ksm09

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
They are not runnig 24/7, they run when need it, do not touch your phone for 2-3 sec, 2 stopped and 2 at 300 right ? Those are for system i suppose, touch your phone, use it and i should run all of them, u don't need to worry :) only with 2 core i think it would be so laggy....

Posted from Lg G3

Pepi Dachev

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
My Galaxy S4 S600 also does this. When it's idle it's showing that only CPU0 is active at 384 MHz but i recenly disabled this so all of the CPU cores can run simultaniously no matter what is the load. I did it by typing 'stop mpdecision' in the terminal emulator and then echo 1 to the online file of every one of the CPU cores. Now I feel the phone more responsive. Maybe it's because it doesn't have to wait for the other cores to wake up. No excessive battery drain though!

liikajalka

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
My Galaxy S4 S600 also does this. When it's idle it's showing that only CPU0 is active at 384 MHz but i recenly disabled this so all of the CPU cores can run simultaniously no matter what is the load. I did it by typing 'stop mpdecision' in the terminal emulator and then echo 1 to the online file of every one of the CPU cores. Now I feel the phone more responsive. Maybe it's because it doesn't have to wait for the other cores to wake up. No excessive battery drain though!

So what are you doing step by step in that echo 1 part?

Jake Kosa

Aug 27, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys,

thanks for any responces

The cores are seperated by BIG and SMALL cores most likely the 2 cores that is offline when you dont touch your phone is the small cores and usually small cores watch out for the system and the big ones for the files , system apps, and third party apps, so most likely if you dont use the system in that moment tjwy go offline to use less battery

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674