Need adapter to change iPhone 4/5 to GS5's micro USB (audio included)

rpoli86

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I installed an iPhone hookup in my car years ago. It plays music through my stereo and charges my iPhone simultaneously.

I would now like to use my GS5 for audio through my stereo. I wanted to know if anyone has found an adapter to for a 30 pin connector (iPhone 4) or a Lightning connector (iPhone 5).

Thanks.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
There is none and there will never be one. Two different things USB and Lightning connections. It's not just a matter of matching pins, it's a whole other signaling protocol.

If you have an iPhone cable connected to your car, does it have USB input? You could use that with any microUSB cable. However, you probably won't get audio from any app like you do with iPhone (after all, these functions are marked down as "Made for iPhone"), but you can use your phone to play media devices stored on it, and if your stereo has built in apps like Pandora, even play from those apps.

rpoli86

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
There is none and there will never be one. Two different things USB and Lightning connections. It's not just a matter of matching pins, it's a whole other signaling protocol.

If you have an iPhone cable connected to your car, does it have USB input? You could use that with any microUSB cable. However, you probably won't get audio from any app like you do with iPhone (after all, these functions are marked down as "Made for iPhone"), but you can use your phone to play media devices stored on it, and if your stereo has built in apps like Pandora, even play from those apps.

Well I installed a BlitzSafe pack in my car. The power pack is in my glove box. One wire runs from the box to my stereo. And another from the box to my iPhone. Maybe I could get a regular AUX cable that connects to the box. I refuse to go back to Apple.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is this the box you're using? If so, then I'm assuming this doesn't let you control audio sources, just 'stream' the audio output, right? Blitzsafe - iUI - Universal iPhone Interface

If that's correct, you have two options:
1) Try to find out just how the box works and tap into it so that you can connect an AUX line to it.
2) Just get rid of the box and use an AUX line. If your stereo has a readily-available AUX jack, then great! If not, just buy an RCA-to-3.5mmPlug cable and connect the RCA end to your stereo (just like you did with the BlitzSafe) and the other end goes into your phone's headphone jack.

Or you can get a Bluetooth receiver to stream audio instead of using a cable (the receiver would plug into your car's AUX input), or an FM transmitter (your car receives it through an FM station, the transmitter connects to your phone's headphone jack).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress