Why are my applications showing as if they are on an SD card even though I have no card?

FGeluso

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Applications show as on SD card even though I have no card

Hi;
On my new S5 (Kit Kat) when I go to applications and scroll across to SD card it shows that applications have data there. For example 8 Ball Pool under the

DOWNLOADED section says :
Total : 92.75 MB
Application: 55.50 MB
SD card app: 0.00B
Data: 37.23 MB
SD card data : 32.00 KB

and when I look in the SD CARD section it has many apps (8) and for 8 Ball Pool it says:

32.00 KB

Does any one know why this is when I have no SD card yet and when I add on will there be a problem?

Thanks, Frank

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
re:

Welcome to Android Central! Forgive me if this is a silly question, but are you absolutely sure there is no microSD card inserted? Could the phone have come with an SD card already inserted? Go to Settings>Storage, and see if there is anything listed for External SD card.

FGeluso

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
re:

Hi,

There is nothing listed under storage for SD card , first place I looked. I also took the back off to make sure and the sd slot is empty, only sim card is there.

Thanks

FGeluso

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
re:

I FIGURED IT OUT

I called Samsung and the guy never heard of this , nor did his supervisor. He was a very helpful guy and went around the pool and a couple reps had the answer which I think seems to be plausible. It would be interesting to know if anyone sees apps there with no SD card.

Anyway, Samsung told me that the apps listed there are CANDIDATES for a move to the sd card should one be installed. There is an UNCHECKED box next to these apps which I now understand to mean the app IS NOT on the card (Why an amount of storage is listed is still weird though) . Once an SD card is installed, you check the box and the app will be moved to the card.

I'll buy this explanation till I try it and see for myself :) If any forum members can verify this whole behaviour scenario that would be cool.

Thanks, Frank

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Applications show as on SD card even though I have no card

Hi;
On my new S5 (Kit Kat) when I go to applications and scroll across to SD card it shows that applications have data there. For example 8 Ball Pool under the

DOWNLOADED section says :
Total : 92.75 MB
Application: 55.50 MB
SD card app: 0.00B
Data: 37.23 MB
SD card data : 32.00 KB

and when I look in the SD CARD section it has many apps (8) and for 8 Ball Pool it says:

32.00 KB

Does any one know why this is when I have no SD card yet and when I add on will there be a problem?

Thanks, Frank

That's because the S5 shows it as "emulated storage"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad