Camera Issues, hard resets, WIFI auto connect

pepsijunky

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Verizon GS5 for over a month now, I've done a fair amount of reading, testing, etc to get up to speed with everything. Overall the phone functions fine. But I have a few issues and I figured I'd put it in one thread to not be a total pest.

First off, I've been taking pictures of various objects, including landscapes, people etc. One thing I can't seem to understand is that every single picture of my son is blurry. Granted, he is 16 months old, so always moving. But even the slightest movements are blurry. Shouldn't the shutter speed be good enough to get smaller movements? I even tried the pictures with image stabilization on and it doesn't help.

Second issue. Right now even when I turn off wifi, it continues to auto connect back on within a few minutes. I've turned off wifi notifications, always allow scanning, etc. Still does it. I don't want to always connect to my work wifi, but if I need it I want to be able to connect.

Last but not least, I have to reset my phone every day. pull the battery for a full reset. If I don't, the notifications, voicemail, features like one handed operation, all stop working. The lag gets overwhelming as well. Every time I reset it works pretty well again. Should I have to reset my phone every day?

For reference, because I know the assumption of a new poster is always that they are clueless; I've worked for a cell phone company, had 40+ phones in the last 10 years, and I have a little tech experience. I'm no expert but I'm listening and learning all the time. I also came to Samsung from the iPhone 5s. I'm not biased towards any phone, I like them all and love the competition.

Thanks for reading my novel, let me know if you can help with any of my issues!

lemartymar13

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Ive had the S5 for about 3 weeks now and I am not impressed with this camera. Especially indoors. The image is very grainy, as if I had it zoomed or something. Which I dont. Ive tried all the settings on it and still the same. I had the GS4 and that had a way better camera. The iPhones have better camera. I really like this phone, but the camera IMO is bad.

Posted via the Android Central App

Atlienzz

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
No one has a fix or opinion/thoughts on any of these 3 issues?

For your second issue with WIFI, you can turn off the connection optimizer somewhere, that is the program that is constantly switching you to WIFI or vice versa....Just got my phone a couple days ago, but I had the same issue with my last phone.

pepsijunky

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
For your second issue with WIFI, you can turn off the connection optimizer somewhere, that is the program that is constantly switching you to WIFI or vice versa....Just got my phone a couple days ago, but I had the same issue with my last phone.

Do you have a GS5 on Verizon? I did see another thread about the Sprint phone having the optimizer setting. I don't believe my phone has it.

Thanks for the tip though, maybe I need to find different verbiage in settings.

pepsijunky

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I guess I will assume that my problems are just the reality of this phone. Sounds like there are some workarounds, but the lag, resetting, and less than ideal camera quality are part of the deal.

Thanks to those of you who did respond.

cornettbr

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I've always hated this camera. The one on my iPhone 5 was amazing and my buddy has the 6 and that one looks just as good.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith