Smart Remote Problems

Rocketsfan521

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been trying to set up my smart remote app and no matter what I do, every button just turns off the TV. I've tried different links and tried connecting to a different Service provider (from digital to standard) and reset the app and tried it all again a few times but no matter what I try, every button just turns the TV off. Anyone else had a problem like this?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Try resetting it again, and when it asks you to set the TV remote up (where it asks you to try to power it off), even if it DOES turn off the first time, choose the 'No' button so that the app can try a different code.

Rocketsfan521

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I tried 5 different codes and they all varied on which buttons worked but none of the buttons ever did their intended function. They would just turn the TV off. They didn't turn the TV back on though.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes that is odd. I've used the IR Blaster with my s4, note 3 and now S5 and it works with my LG TV, cable box, Apple TV and blue ray player.

posted from my galaxy tab pro 10.1

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, try this. Download the WatchON app from the PlayStore. Yes, there should be a separate version. See if that one works (there's one called WatchON Plus in Galaxy Apps now, but I don't know if it's compatible with the S5).

Rocketsfan521

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
OK, try this. Download the WatchON app from the PlayStore. Yes, there should be a separate version. See if that one works (there's one called WatchON Plus in Galaxy Apps now, but I don't know if it's compatible with the S5).

Well that one works perfectly. Thanks, I'll just use this one unless there's a benefit to the original one?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, I don't know which version shipped with the S5 but I prefer the Plus one on my phone. I just keep the original one 'frozen' so that it doesn't go rogue just in case.