Using Exchange mail, delete and open another email

Eddie Knapp

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I just switched from an iphone. On my iphone, when viewing an email from my MS Exchange / Outlook or Hotmail account and I deleted that email, it would open another email. On my new S5, it goes back to the inbox. I would like it to work like it did on my old phone. Any suggestions on how to do this?

I took this to the Verizon store and they didn't know how to fix it either.

Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm amazed they didn't know how.

On your e-mail app go to Settings. There, click on the 'Auto Advance' option and you can select where the app will go after you delete a message. The default is EMail list. Just change it to Previous or Next EMail, depending on your preference.

And welcome to Android! :)

Trisram

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I did this and it keeps go back to the previous message when I delete an email. Then if I go to the previous email, I try going to the next message by swiping to the left, it then goes back to the inbox. I too am new with android, been using the iPhone since the 1st one came out. I'm like a fish out of water here. I have only one yahoo email account, and in the settings, I set it to go to the "next message" if I delete or move an email. But still, I get this. Any clues why is it doing this? Thanks

Trisram

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I did this and it keeps go back to the previous message when I delete an email. Then if I go to the previous email, I try going to the next message by swiping to the left, it then goes back to the inbox. I too am new with android, been using the iPhone since the 1st one came out. I'm like a fish out of water here. I have only one yahoo email account, and in the settings, I set it to go to the "next message" if I delete or move an email. But still, I get this. Any clues why is it doing this? Thanks

Oh yeah, I got a galaxy note 4.