Headset volume warning

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to get rid of the pointless "Listening to music at a high volume will make you deaf" warning that appears when you try to turn up your headset volume?

I know you can make it go away by clicking OK, but it comes back after the next reboot. At least I think it shuts it up until the next reboot. It's pointless because all my MP3s have a different base volume level, so sometimes the warning pops up long after the volume is enough to blow your eardrums out, and sometimes it pops up before you can even hear the sound at all.

If anything needs a "never show this again" checkbox, it's this.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I hate that stupid warning and it's one of the most obnoxious things about this phone. I agree, it should have a "never show this again" text box. I hate how they assume that we are too stupid to control the volume on the device and try to do it for us.

I don't think there is a way to disable the annoying message unless you are rooted. I've tried a few things and the message came back eventually, like you said.

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
My Moto Razr M had it too, so it must be an Android thing. I'm rooted, so I'm willing to try anything within reason to get rid of it. Maybe someone here will have stumbled across something.

osvanberg

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
This issue was one of the first things I fixed after rooting my S4 Mini.

1. Root
2. Install Xposed framework
3. Activate
4. Download Wanam module from Play Store.
5. Activate module in Xposed framework & reboot.

Then just start Wanam app, go to Sound menu - and choose to disable this horrific warning message 😃!

And then you can tweak your phone with approx 50 other wonderful settings/tweaks that just will make you the happiest guy on earth (more or less 😆).

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Do it! Let me know how it went!
At first it went sort of spookily, as the phone hung on reboot. But I pulled the battery and everything's perfect now. It looks like I can even use this to kill the camera shutter sound, which I was using that enforced stream doohickey to silence it. Guess I can uninstall that now!

This thing does a LOT of stuff, and it'll likely take me ages to go through it all. But for now the thing I need to figure out is how to make the notification bar not fully transparent. I use a wallpaper changer, and some of the wallpapers are light up top. I want some opaqueness so I can see the time/battery/etc.

Anyway, THANKS!

osvanberg

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
At first it went sort of spookily, as the phone hung on reboot. But I pulled the battery and everything's perfect now. It looks like I can even use this to kill the camera shutter sound, which I was using that enforced stream doohickey to silence it. Guess I can uninstall that now!

This thing does a LOT of stuff, and it'll likely take me ages to go through it all. But for now the thing I need to figure out is how to make the notification bar not fully transparent. I use a wallpaper changer, and some of the wallpapers are light up top. I want some opaqueness so I can see the time/battery/etc.

Anyway, THANKS!
Great, nice to here! 😃!

Yeah the camera sound is also great to get rid of........ And as you now have noticed, there is ALOT more nice things you can do!

Glad to help! Good luck.

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I noticed that for whatever reason, the heart rate sensor no longer works with xposed installed. Can anyone else test this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1