Why isn't screenlock activating?

Megaliz

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Screenlock does not get activated

For some reason, my screen does not automatically get locked any longer.
The screen becomes dim, then completely dark, but when pressing the power button it comes back directly to where I was before leaving the phone. The lock screen is not activated.

I checked my settings, and they look ok, with a time out of 30 seconds and a PIN required to log in.

Pressing the power button activated the lock screen, but if I leave the phone to time out by itself, the lock screen does not activate.

Has anyone seen this issue ? Thanks !

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Screenlock does not get activated

Are u waiting like half to a full minute after it turns off to push the power button to turn it back on? It usually gives u a grace period before the lock screen comes in effect. Usually 5 seconds I think.

CKR83

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

I ran into that as well when I set the timeout for the lock screen by accident for a minute. If you've got it set for anything other than instant, than the screen could go dark before the phone locks.

StevenBaker

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

I think your mobile is not having the problem of screen lock because in screen lock problem the screen of your mobile will not becomes dim and then completely dark. The main problem of your problem is your display, may it is not working properly.

Megaliz

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Thank you all for your replies !

clintw22 : it doesn't matter how long I wait before taking the phone in my hand again. The screen will not be locked.

StevenBaker : It does go dark. Completely. What do you mean, I may have a display issue ? When using the phone I hve no remarkable problems. Can you please give me more details as to what you mean ? I agree with you that my lock screen issue might actually be the result of a different problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital