Just did the 4.4.4 updated but now my contacts won't update, why?

cvsorenson

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
4.4.4 updated but contacts won't update

Updated Galaxy S5 to 4.4.4 and phone is stuck on "Updating contact list" - is this a known issue and how to you fix it?

Tried turning off and on the sync for the contact and rebooting - didn't work.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: 4.4.4 updated but contacts won't update

I have not read of that being a problem so far.

The Verizon release is now two weeks old.
It just installed on my phone last night and so far, Contacts is working okay.
After it finished, the Notifications Bar showed "Voice Mail" something or other and I pressed that and it said "Updating Voice Mail" and that screen never went away on its' own. I had to use the Home Key and Clear All Tasks to get rid of it.

So far, I have not noticed anything different with my Voice Mail.

cvsorenson

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

After two hours of waiting, I removed the Google account then added it back. It came back with a SYNC error and said it was temporarily having issues. Two more hours later - everything is back. Verizon tech support's first response was to do a master reset. Gotta love that their first response is the most time consuming for the the customer.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

After two hours of waiting, I removed the Google account then added it back. It came back with a SYNC error and said it was temporarily having issues. Two more hours later - everything is back. Verizon tech support's first response was to do a master reset. Gotta love that their first response is the most time consuming for the the customer.

They are just Script Readers and they have no clue what they are talking about.
99% of them have never, ever, tried to fix a real problem on a phone for themselves and EXPERIENCED the horrible downside of a Factory Reset.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463