Verizon " your voicemail service has been updated" notification won't go away

DeadMoneyDrew

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I just performed the latest Android update on Verizon and now I keep getting this dang voicemail update message. No matter what I do it won't go away. Anybody else seen this?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MadManAz

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I just performed the latest Android update on Verizon and now I keep getting this dang voicemail update message. No matter what I do it won't go away. Anybody else seen this?

It doesn't show up all day. Suddenly, 9:20pm, again at 10:20pm and I await the next time it happens. This is beyond annoying. Updated my phone, received the "free" visual voicemail option which I really did not want and now this notification to set it up over and over and over. Had I known this was the major change to come out of this update I would have left that genie in the bottle.

Not sure when the phone companies will learn. Test updates more before pumping them out to so many people. This problem had existed since earlier phones. I reached out to customer service and they told me to turn of voicemail notifications but that isn't an opion in the phone or in my line of work.

Last edited:

BrainSmashR

Banned
May 4, 2014
Visit site
You want the SETUP notification to disappear, then setup your visual voicemail. If you don't like it, you don't have to use it.....it's not replacing regular voicemail, it's sn additional feature.

Posted via Android Central App

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
You want the SETUP notification to disappear, then setup your visual voicemail. If you don't like it, you don't have to use it.....it's not replacing regular voicemail, it's sn additional feature.

I set it up and it's really kind of cool. I declined the "free trial" of enhanced VVM. That one converts your VM's to text so can read them discretely on your phone. The regular one lets you play your VM's directly from the phone without having to call in to your VM and enter a PIN. It's free forever and is actually pretty helpful You have to call in to Vz (just call 611 from your phone) to tell them which one you want. They'll activate it and you're good to go.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

yes, just let it go thru the setup.

it is a useless "upgrade" that is actually a downgrade IMO.

now, do what I did, go to the Website and turn ON, submit, then turn it back OFF again, submit.
Log out and be done with it.

Never saw it bug me again.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
yes, just let it go thru the setup.

it is a useless "upgrade" that is actually a downgrade IMO.

now, do what I did, go to the Website and turn ON, submit, then turn it back OFF again, submit.
Log out and be done with it.

Never saw it bug me again.
As I said above, I actually like the free version which gives you direct access to your VM's right from your phone without having to call in or enter a PIN. And it's free forever.

BrainSmashR

Banned
May 4, 2014
Visit site
I like it because it's what I'm used too...I just switched to android like March or April of this year. Visual voicemail is a standard feature of iphone and some messages I don't even listen to based upon the Caller ID. Example: If Mom calls, I call her back. I don't need to listen to the message.

Drunder40

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

Can you give a step by step on how to do this.. I don't want to screw up and accidentally buy it..

Thanks

BrainSmashR

Banned
May 4, 2014
Visit site
Can you give a step by step on how to do this.. I don't want to screw up and accidentally buy it..

Thanks

Unfortunately I've already completed the process and didn't write down the steps.

Just pay attention to what you are doing...they want to charge for the transcription (turning your voicemail into a text message), However that is an additional feature that you don't need...not to mention I believe this is a service that will require a monthly fee rather than a 1-time purchase.

CooLOnE

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm just moving to an S5 from my WebOS Pre3.... I called the 1800 number and told them what was happening and that I didn't need Verizon's visual voice mail and they turned off the notifications. Hardest part was getting to tech support... I'll update if it's a permanent fix or not.

Posted via the Android Central App

stratemeyerjw

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I can't get rid of it. so one day I finally pressed the agree button and walla! next thing i know im getting a bill for it! WTF??? so i told verizon i didnt want it and after that i re-imaged my phone, guess what???? its back! I read posts of others "doing this" and "doing that". I shouldn't have to do "anything". So now my phone comes pre-loaded with worse-than-addware??? BAAAAD VERIZON!!!!

ElfinGent

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site

Same here. The Verizon Rep told me there is no fix yet. It's a known bug. Argh :-(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781